20

“Jeon Jungkook?” A lady dressed in black comes out of a hallway, looking around.

Jungkook’s bunny ears freeze midair. You stand and hold out a hand for him. He doesn’t take it.

“It’s okay, she’s going to let you talk about whatever you want.”

“But I don’t know her.”

“That could help, she has no reason to judge you because she doesn’t know you.”

“That gives her all the more reason to judge me, because she doesn’t know me.”

“You wanted to come, and I’m proud you suggested it. But you’re not going to get the help you need by staying in this waiting room.” You keep your hand held out for him and he glances between your hand and the therapist looking around.

He grasps your hand and you smile at him, walking him to the therapist.

“You’ll have to stay out here.” The lady says, scaring Jungkook.

“But-” Jungkook starts and you nod.

“It’s alright, I’ll stay out here. I’ll be staying by the door in case you need anything. This is your first step to being independent, Kook.” You smile at him and rub the back of his hand, feeling his heart beating out of his chest.

He cautiously steps in, letting go of your hand.
You give him another reassuring smile as the door closes behind him.

“I’m Yoohyeon.” The dog hybrid introduces herself and Jungkook bows slightly.

He takes a seat and so does she, pulling out her phone and placing it on the table. He stares at it.

“It’s alright, I’m just recording to analyze deeper on your words to find better ways to help you.” She leans back in her seat and he nods.

“I won’t be sharing this with anyone, not even (Y/n).”

He nods again.

“I wanted to ask you about your childhood, if that’s a good spot for you.”

He shrugs.

“I don’t remember much of it.”

“Were you born a hybrid or turned into one?”

“Born, I think.”

“Why do you say that?”

He frowns.

“My mom had bunny ears, but my dad didn’t.”

“Did this affect any identity issues growing up?”

“I don’t remember. All I remember is bits and pieces of my childhood but nothing too important. I didn’t go to school, my parents taught me basic reading skills, then I was alone for some time. Then, I found Namjoon hyung.”

“You don’t remember anything in between that?” She sits up and he shakes his head.

“Were your parents caring?”

“Yeah, they were. We didn’t have much, and looking back now, I guess it wasn’t seen as… appropriate for humans and hybrids to intermix at the time.”

“What year were you born in?”

“1997.”

“So, you’re 23?”

“22. My birthday hasn’t passed yet. It’s in September, and it’s only April.” He plays with a pillow next to him and she nods.

“I’m older than you by a few months then, my birthday just passed.”