Final Arc - Chapter 25: Angelic Might

Ventus and Emiko were escorted back to the VIP area with some notable applause from everyone "Well done Ventus...Emiko" Tsunemi said joyfully "You were amazing out there"

"More than amazing wow...remind me to not tick you off" Reima said "I didn't even think you had that in you Ventus"

"Neither...did I honestly" he said been put down "That's the first time I've blown up like I did. Apologies if I...scared any of you" Angel would get up and hug him tight "Wha..."

"If I wasn't fighting next...I'd sock you right now" she said sounding fearful "I thought you were gone when no-one could sense you" Ventus hugged her back rubbing her head

"Apologies...in more ways than one" he said pushing her back as his energy aura for a moment flashed, crackling with Ventus flinching

"Whoa...hmmm you alright?" Angel asked worriedly

"He will be" Lunafreya said easing a half-conscious Emiko into a chair, Reima easing her down "In that last exchange of power, against Emiko, he poured every drop of power into it...his body not in the best condition to support it. Its not to say he forced his body forward, it more to say he fired more power at once than he's used to"

Angel sat Ventus down, his body still crackling somewhat "It doesn't...hurt it just tickles...ahhh...give me some time. It'll calm down"

"Still...that was a most amazing battle brother" Aeron said amazed "The level of skill and power you wielded was a sight to behold"

"Well I had some help...unexpected really" he said cringing "When I was inside the demon" he sharply shivered "I found the souls trapped inside, all of them donated a small portion of their spirit to me"

"So the coloured lights that burst from the demons" Haru said remembering "They were...souls of people?"

"I couldn't tell you how long some were there, and I do not want to know. They were...hurting...and cold"

Angel rubbed his head gently to ease him "Kyoko captured them...for a wish to keep them safe. No idea if she was greedy, had warped intentions, no idea" Ventus said simply sighing "I'd rather not know. I'm satisfied to know all the spirits captured are now free" his body crackled once more "Ow...ow...jeez...ow"

"I have to ask though Brother" Aeron asked curiously "How is it you were able to command Eurybia? Wasn't that Katsia's contracted spirit?"

"Katsia loaned me her power...just before she was defeated. Do you recall when Katsia lost and I lurched forward?"

"Oh right I remember that" Tsunemi said recalling that moment

"But the best news...I was able to reclaim Katsia's captured spirit" he said smiling rubbing his chest "she's resting inside of mine"

"Really so Ms Katsia's okay!?" Leyla asked worriedly

"She is...but just severely tired and weak. Katsia wanted to watch over Angel and Aeron from within me, for from her bed she can't exactly move"

Korva came forward looking quite proud "Ventus...I wish you congratulations on your victory. Not just for that but also...ensuring that I didn't have to battle that woman. Its not that I didn't want you to win, I prefer a mortal than what appeared to be a demon"

"I...don't blame you there" he said groaning

"I was surprised to see you were able to utilize the Stage 3 of the Valkyria power...but yet I noticed you seemed not to be able to use the full use of abilities"