Arc 4 - Chapter 9: A Gentle Strength

Ventus was now carrying, or dragging Nadeera through the stone floor mansion in a corridor from their former prison. Balancing on him, using her tail almost like a prop to keep her upright, Ventus helps her along "I'm...not hurting you like this am I?" he asked

"No, no of course not" said Nadeera smiling "I am...technically standing, your just...literally pulling me along, think of like...I'm skating" after opening a door comes to the top...of what he considered the most luxurious or poshest room "Only...moly...look at it" he was on the very top of a finely made marble room, paintings, gloves, books on walls and shelves with a  single big TV screen like device "It's like...one the most fanciest mansions you can think of"

"It's definitely more extravagant than I thought it would be" Said Nadeera "If not for...the obvious fact we're...you know captive I'd wouldn't mind touring"

"Well we  have plenty of tourguides" he said pointing to the hundred or so Yopples lounging around "Right hmm...I might need a plan"

"Though I can aid in beam-struggle...alas thanks to my...physical problem" She said wiggling her fish-tail "I'd be useless on land"

"I might have another idea for that...but first we need to save the other hostages. Last thing we need is...you know hostages"

"Yes we cannot afford their safety. It seems we are on the 5ft floor, this spiral staircase providing access"

"Though...hmm...I get the feeling they have fun on the way down"

Like before a stream of water flow down...but only on half of the stairs, the outer side which was a chute. Ventus slid down the chute to the 4th floor, a double door to his right, catching Nadeera "Ventus may I suggest we investigate the rooms? We might gain information" Nadeera asked

"That and...I'd rather not fight them just yet" said Ventus "I think I could take them...but most of my opponents don't have gnashers like those"

"I don't blame you, honestly" opening the door they came to...what was a giant bathroom, showers aplenty with a bathtubs and a giant one at the back, the room an indent and deeper than the floor

Ventus itched his head "Hmm...hmm...ooo...oookay?"

"I am...also a little...intrigued by this" said Noreena who then pointing "look, I see my people in the tub" about 20 or so of the performers were trying to climb out of the giant tub towards the back but it was a long way down and surrounding the tub came up hot steam rising from grates "They're trapped. They can climb out but not without being burnt"

"I can...help with that, that is getting then out if you can believe that. Your majesty do you mind if I seated you?"

"No of course" Ventus gently seated Noreena against the wall before he went for the tuners clasping around the Conductor. A blue tuxedo outfit spawn on his person, a baton in his hand "what is this transformation?"

"I call it the Conductor, just warn your people to be prepared"

"My fellow people, please steel yourselves" they all perked up, murmuring as Ventus tapped the air and rose his hands up to cause a torrent of water to begin rising and even fill the room. Taps opened, pipes leaked and baths overflowed flooding the room in its entirety and covered and masked the steaming air.

The water level went as high as the door floor but due to the deep indent way the room was, it was quite flooded. The people in the bath saw the water rise and then diving vaulted them out, over the steam and into the flooded room for safety. Ventus relaxed as the twenty something mer-people came up to him, whispering and murmuring making him itch "Relax my people" Said Nadeera pushing herself up and leaning back on Ventus "He is an ally of ours, he's come to aid us"