Arc 4 - Chapter 16: Unseen Reinforcement

The rain was now dominating the planet of Shalongal and had scattered all of its residents, weighing down the wings of the Angelis and soaking thoroughly the fur of Felinays, and was a rather quiet world if not for the drumming. It was the Late-afternoon but only the clocks now told the passage of time, and Angel was arising. In an odd white long robe, she sat up in the comfort of her double-bed "And...my fiancé arises" Ignis was dressed rather fancy in a long blue tunic with a cape and yellow pointed shoulders "How did you sleep? Comfy?"

"Huh...wha...what...happened?" asked Angel rubbing her head "I was...I was in the...carriage and...then...wait!? Ventus!? Aberline!?"

"Don't worry your pretty head, you were just sleeping...I simply made you rest well, pretty ladies do need their beauty sleep. Since you were knocked out so hard I, the graceful host I am, just escorted you to your quarters...even decided to escort the other Princess but she's in another room"

Ignis smirked widely as he walked to the base of the bed "Aberline...is currently confined to her quarters, she is most unwell and needs ample time to prepare...as your maid in waiting, handmaid...whatever you decide. Her current outfit, won't match the scale of the event I have in store"

"If this is about the wedding...no deal" said Angel swinging her arm and getting up "I won't do it"

"Come now, surely...you understand the plight of the people. They need my help, they need my security to heal them. I made one little slip-up that's all, but with you I can correct it"

"Here's the thing though Ignis...I might believe in the 'good' this wedding might cause, and I do believe for the most part some good will come from it but...I don't believe you at all"

Ignis frowned "You're saying you don't believe in me? What brought this on?"

"Please don't tell you're so shallow minded you can't see it" said Angel "basically you're a snob, who thinks everyone just pray on the ground you walks on. I still haven't forgiven you for last time, and...and..." Angel felt her chest

"See sense here Princess. Who says we have to like each other, this wedding helps us both regardless of our thoughts. I get my money and pride, your people regain comfort"

"Still no, for whether I can even stomach being your wife...I won't allow someone like you to govern my people, or my world"

"Tch...who gave you all these ideas I wonder? That nobody right? Why even bother paying him any interest? He's got no pride, no glory...no nothing"

"Only to those who can't look beyond their own narrow mindedness"

"Such a shame you feel that way, here I was hoping this was gonna be easy...but nevermind for you to see...that so-called nobody will actually have some worth after all"

"How do you mean? Wait...what have you done to him?"

"Not much at this moment, but your choice could change that!" 

Ignis snapped his fingers for two tall Angelis, with masks over their eyes with long pointed nose, came in with a screen on wheels that Ignis turned on...only for Angel to rebound in horror. "Now...Ventus is your guest of honour correct?" Ignis said with a smarmy smile "so I thought I'd treat him to my own hospitality, and my goodness he just loves it so...my all-star massage team work wonders"

"How...how...how could you?" Ventus seemed to be a stone like room, tied by his wrists by rope or a brown tether...his body in a long tattered gown, unconscious with some bruising to his cheeks "What did you do!?"