Arc 3 - Chapter 50: The Kind Gesture

The night was fully set in, many of the residents resting in their beds with only the rare citizen staying up past the hours...though not all of them on purpose. Saku himself was up but in the bathroom, coming out rubbing his belly "Remind me...never to eat anything that...urp Is spherical and pink again. Good god my belly felt like IT was having the fight for its life" she ran himself some water and had a good long drink "Right let's try getting some sleep" ascending up the stairs, about to go to bed...a distinct pained moan comes from the adjacent bed.

On the left side, Leyla was asleep next to Emiko but in some obvious pain or torment. Her face was red with sweat dripping down her face "What Kinda nightmare is she having?" Saku asked before a sharp shiver came to his body "whoa, her energy plummeted" a feel of her head, nearly made him instinctively retract it "Jeez, you could cook an egg on her head"

"Umm...umm...ahhh" Emiko roused awake, only in a long buttoned nighty, the top button undone "What's going..." Saku jumped a bit

"Sorry to wake you but Leyla isn't having a good time" Emiko took a few second, to wear off the sleepiness and only had one look at Leyla

"My goodness, she looks in pain"

"I also felt her energy drop for a brief moment too...as in like a free-fall drop"

"I'll apply some healing water, it might help to cool her off"

"I'll see if there's any fever medicine in these apartments"

Emiko generated a small ball of clean water which she applied to Leyla's forehead while Saku routed through the drawers "Food, pots, cups, plates...the bin and whoa is this it?" a pure white inside presented to him, many different bottles of liquids and tablets "Hmm...righhhhtttt? Which one...which one? Which...one?" he skimmed the labels, which were in his normal language "Fever medicine this should do"

"Saku have you found it?" asked Emiko

"Hold on, coming" Saku shivered again, quickening his pace as he went to Leyla's bedside, who was making small pained breath "Leyla, I need you to swallow this medicine alright?" he dropped in his hand a small yellow ball which he gave to Leyla who swallowed "And one more" Leyla swallowed another one, and with it she suddenly became heavy in Emiko's arms, her face still red but her body now relaxed.

Leyla did still look to be in mild pain but was now more relaxed, still red faced "It's an improvement but she still doesn't look much better" said Saku sighing "I also felt her energy drop like a stone"

"It could be the illness" suggested Emiko "I mean if people are poorly they go get really weak"

"I hope your right...we'll see how she is in the morning. We're on the border of our – give or take – hardest challenge we can't afford anything holding us back"

"I know"

"Right sorry for waking you, come on back to sleep...can't have you getting ill either"

"Alright, Goodnight" Leyla would lightly squirm and roll to her side before simply resting.

The morning came and Saku woke up more on time, rising up with arms stretched but upon putting his left arm down, a presence blocked his arm. Turning he saw Leyla had curled up to his side "When did...she transition?"

"She must've done it when we slept" said Emiko waking up herself "She probably wanted to be closer to you"

"I guess so" Saku felt her head and sighed in relief "Still some temperature but much, much better and..." eyes closed, and his senses focused "And her energy seems normal"