Final Arc - Chapter 36: The Clash of the Valkyria Pt 2

Ventus and Mythra were now engaged in a more energetic struggle. In both off their armament modes of the Valkyria they struck with two blades, parrying and blocking any attacks they could. Ventus was more on defence, with only a single blade in Emiko and a short electric blade in his hand, giving him lesser reach but he was keeping up and the pair shrugged each other off and bounced away.

Mythra would charged in, making four clones of herself all of them firing arcs of light that Ventus cleaved through "Emiko...keep track of what's around me okay?" Ventus jumped up high as they came close, and launched a fierce beam of fire that made them all vanish only for Mythra to appear behind him

"Ventus behind you!" Emiko called in time for Ventus to block the dual-slash with Emiko's blade. Mythra went aggressive, constantly slashing in mid-air until she pushed him away, though he guarded and thrust her blade out to fire multiple beams of light.

Ventus landed and began deflecting the beams with Emiko's sword before stabbing the sword in the ground to summon a vast tidal-upsurge to block the beams of light. Mythra would soon dive through, with swords at the ready...only to find Ventus gone and then upon her from above "AHHHHH..." he rolled down with Emiko's sword, MYthra jumping away

"Nice try Ventus" Mythra remarked but Ventus would then unfurl his legs, making a blue X "What the?" only for Ventus to land, make a horizontal line through it and then produced the tuners, putting the Kyubi tuner forward

"Now then...let's see what this does. X-Form: Kyubi's Blaze!" for a green beam of fire to burst out of the centre of the X, Mythra struck and even calling out in pain "Have that"

Mythra was carried by the beam, the flames hot and intense with Mythra scraping her feet on the floor before shouting, her blades raised high and glowing bright "X-Slash!" and sliced through the beam, dissipated the beam...and she came to a stop, staggering somewhat as charred smoke etched off her body "Ahhh...ahhh"

"Captain...ahhh...that was...a damaging blow" Korva told her mentally "He truly is a versatile foe"

"He even surprised me there...but it won't happen again"

"Captain above you!" VEntus was coming in from the air, with Emiko's sword embalmed in flames with Mythra back-stepping to avoid before sheathing her own blade and came in with a punch to Ventus' chest making him lurch in place.

Mythra would stab Korva's blade into the ground and continually dealt close-combat punches, then powered right kicks before spin-kicking him away through the air. Ventus did stop in the air, looking at Mythra coming from above to drop-kick him but as he jumped out of the way, Mythra had both sword in hand which she stabbed into the ground "Photon Geyser!" to strike with a rising eruption of light that enveloped Ventus, who called out in moderate pain, before he was launched away.

Ventus landed on his back, albeit gently, before he rolled back and came to a stop on his feet...before going to one knee, cringing "Not gonna lie...that hurt. The light...it was like an intense heat all at once"

"Ventus...Ventus...ow...are you okay?"

"I should be asking you that. How are you holding up?"

"Okay...for now but...if we take too many of those..."

"I...I know...I know" he got up to legs, Mythra extracting her sword and walking over "She's still not gone further yet...meaning she mustn't feel too pressured yet"