Final Arc - Chapter 17B: A Reunion LONG Overdue

Ventus stood against Sukura who was now at the full limit of his strength, wanting to use it all "So Ventus...can your power withstand mine? Once I use the full scope of my strength...I'll be unlikely to ever use it again, such is the strain it forces upon me. Let's see if you triumph or hold out" immediately he stabbed the grab with all nine-tails only for Ventus to be engulfed in a green rising plume of flame, causing him to cry out and upon rising off the ground Sukura flew himself over and kicked Ventus into the wall.

Ventus winced from the landing, going to his feet only to just about duck from a thrusting palm that smashed the wall above him. Ventus went back on the offensive, with Sukura expertly dodging and blocking his blows but from his expression it was becoming more obvious the strain it had on Sukura's body. Ventus would then see Sukura's tails rise up, pooling their flames into a giant Green ball "Let's see if you can dodge this Fox-Tail Tempest" Ventus saw it coming and went to dodge, only for Sukura to guide it to him.

Ventus was now frantically dodging and diving, even blocking it at one point but it hit hard with a new heat that burned at his skin. He only just managed to veer it away but it simply went back to him "Its relentless, right then ahhhhh" Ventus would fire a beam of energy at it to block it, but it just got absorbed and enlarged it "what!?"

"My attack is composed of spiritual power" Sukura called as blood drooled from his jaw "You'll have to cleave it with your own"

"Ahhh...Ahhh...I don't think I can..."

"CaLl Us FoRtH YoUnG oNe!" a godly voice called out, only heard by those of the Stalhritter "We LeNd YoU oUr StReNgTh"

"The spirits...they...called directly to Ventus?" Mythra remarked

"Please divine ones" Lunafreya said calmly "Do what you can for this young soul"

Ventus felt the mark on his shoulder and closed his eyes "The divine ones of the Stalhritter...I wish to ask for your aid, to help me answer my friends wish" his mark shone bright, his hair gained bangs and a streak down the middle as his blue flame coating gained golden embers. Ventus prepared himself, focusing his power into right arm, lightning forming "ahhh....ahhh...AHHHHHHH" only for a lightning sword to form in his hand

"That's it Ventus!" Sukura called gladly "Show me all...the spirit you have come to claim, aided by those around you" with it he took the fire-ball on, feeling it push

"Tch...tck...ahhh...AHHHHHHH" his power erupted stronger, his flame aura intensified with pure lightning crackling around him allowing to stop it and cleave it into two...exploding it.

As the smoke vanished Ventus...was in Gear 5, panting somewhat as he took calming down breathes to bring it back down to Alpha-5 but he fell to his hand and knee "There ahhhh...I have to stick to...this state"

"That's a wise decision there...Ventus...ahhhh" Sukura was holding himself "The damage outweighs the positives of that power doesn't it?"

"Its not that...I can't handle the strain of it...and I want to be in a position to beat you. Not to be...saved by you"

"I...I see. You want to give me an opponent not a uncontrolled force. Come on...keep going"

Ventus was now fending off Sukura's attacks with his electric sword "that's it, the sword is an extension of your power! Don't force it but remember to not solely focus on it" Ventus would take a blow to the abdomen, Sukura coming in with a thrusting 2nd palm of fire with Ventus releasing the blade, then kicking Sukura's right leg to trip him off balance before striking Sukura's chest hard...but Sukura's palm still hit his side.