I.

"that's a wrap for today. great job everybody. we will see you all back here again tomorrow. some good work was done today."

"hey y/n wait up!"

filming of stranger things season four had just wrapped up for the day and we were free to go for the day.

my co-star, finn wolfhard was running towards me trying to catch up.

"hey wolfhard, what's up?"

he was panting and stopped to catch his breath.

"do. you. want. to. practice. your. driving?" he said in between breaths. he repeated himself when he was finally able to speak. "do you want to practice your driving?"

i chuckled. "yeah i got you the first time. and who wouldn't want to go driving with you, fink?"

"um let's see." he started to look around jokingly. "millie and sadie. because they always say im a wreckless driver."

i nodded my head in agreement. "yeah, i would say your reckless. but so am i. so i don't really mind."

he smiled. that kind of smile that just lights up the room.

"well then good. because i needed the approval of at least one person."

the both of us laughed as we ran out of the studio and into the empty parking lot.

i waa going to be taking my drivers test, and hopefully get my licence and pass the test. although finn was a wreckless driver, he was willing to help me, and i would really take all the help that i could get.

i couldn't wait to get my license. i could drive anywhere i wanted, and i would be able to escape whenever. driving just seemed like something that i needed. so it was a pretty big deal for me.

he tossed me the keys to his car and i hopped into the drivers seat and he took shotgun.

i put the keys in and started the ignition. confidently, i put my hands on the steering wheel.

i started driving around the empty parking lot. it felt good just to be running around the lot with nobody else but me, finn, and the moonlight shining above us.

i glanced over at finn. his window was rolled down and his curls were bouncing as i drove and the wind past by. his freckles just dotted up his cheeks and his smile displayed a bunch of pearly whites.

how is he so beautiful? how was such a beautiful person just sitting next to me at this very moment.

i was about to open my mouth and say something when finn just started shouting out of absolutely nowhere.

"y/n we are about to hit a trailer!"

my eyes darted back to the parking lot ahead of me.

"oh shit!" i exclaimed as i quickly hit the brakes and the both of us bounced in our seats.

"wow y/n i guess you are reckless and you weren't saying that to make me feel better." he said with a sigh of relief. "they literally would have killed us if we ran into the trailer."

his tone was not mad with me and i knew that. but he has never gotten angry with me before. i think he was just glad that we didn't mess anything up or get killed.

"okay, let's get you out of the drivers seat. and get you home before you actually wreck something."

"yeah i probably should." i agreed.

on the drive home, finn and i got into a conversation about our music. the reason why we are so close is because we both have very common interests. we both act and like to write and make music.

"well, i was actually writing this song." he told me. "it isn't done yet but personally i think its a good one."

i raised my eyebrow. "well wolfhard, what is it about?" i questioned him. "cmon and at least give me a title."

he shook his head. "nope. only when it is completely finished then i will tell you."

i rolled my eyes. i always told him about what i was writing. how mean of him.

"well you might want to finish it soon." i grinned. "because i will find out what it is about soon."

he parked the car. we arrived at the apartment complex that i was staying in for filming in atlanta.

"maybe i will, or maybe i won't." he grinned.

"goodnight finn."

"goodnight y/n."

i got out of the car and as i did i heard finn whisper something under his breath. i waved goodbye and walked up the stairs to my apartment with a great feeling inside of me.

but i did overhear the last word he had whispered.

you.

authors corner 🌆
hey guys. hope you enjoyed the first chapter of 'drivers license'
i saw that some of you all already added this story to your reading list so thank you so much!! vote this part if you like it, and leave your thoughts in the comments!