XXXV.

it has been a week since louis left and i had been a wreck. i didn't want to see him leave, and so it was just as hard for me as it was for him. i haven't heard from him since he left my house, but all i hoped was that he was doing well.

it was about time to get back to what my life was before this mess. the new season of stranger things was about to be released, and that meant that it was time to meet back up with the rest of the cast in atlanta and complete some press. 

i was excited to see everyone, because i haven't seen some of the cast since we ended filming.

this also met having to see finn.

i haven't seen finn ever since i attended that party back in atlanta, where i found out that him and sadie had become a thing. that was also the same night i met louis. it had felt like it was so long ago. hard to think all of this only happened just months ago and now things were already so different.

me and finn were are good terms, but i still was very nervous to see him. our last conversation had been a little awkward and we were both really hurt. i was hoping that maybe when we saw each other things would go back to normal. even before all of this, finn was just my best friend, and i missed it. 

i had all my stuff packed up and ready to go, and my flight was about to leave soon. i hopped into the car with my mom, and we started to make our way to the airport.

"y/n what happened with you and louis?" she turned to me and asked. "i don't want to meddle between your relationship but i haven't seen him around no more and i-"

"we broke up." i cut her off. "it just wasn't working out no more and he messed up, and it was just best that we break up and spend some time apart. thats all." 

i know that she was just curious, but i really didn't want to go over it again with her and have to talk about all the details again. last week was already a bad one with all of that happening, and i was trying to make this one better. 

after a car ride of almost dead silence, we eventually reached the airport and she dropped me off. "i love you y/n, please be safe and i hope things get better for you. im so proud of you. go enjoy your time."

i smiled. "thanks mom, i hope so too. press can be super tiring sometimes, but ill try to enjoy myself." i gave her a hug before i went to grab my suitcase. "i love you too, see you soon."

i went into the aiport and did all the usual things and finally reaching the gate to my flight. everything about this airport seemed to remind me of louis. after all, we did meet each other on a plane. "shut up y/n. stop it." i thought to myself. i couldn't help thinking about him when he seemed to be around everywhere.

i boarded my plane and sat down in my seat. i pulled my headphones out and started to listen to the juno soundtrack as the plane was getting ready to take off. shit. i quickly grabbed my phone and switched the playlist. that soundtrack was another thing of me and louis. 

i needed to throw everything we have ever shared behind me. i would always love the memories, but it was time to let them go.

time to leave the past behind in this town y/n, we were going back to atlanta now. 

authors note 🌆

this is really just a filler chapter and kind of a catch up. im just setting up whats going to happen in the next chapter. i promise the next chapter will be more of the usual length. y/n is deciding to be a #girlboss now. 

also we are almost to 50k reads...what the hell is going on.