VII.

[real life]

it took me a while to get over the pain that had been caused last week.

finn and i had stopped talking ever since we had our big blowout. it makes me sad to know that he isn't here for me anymore, and it is just like he disappeared, right into thin air.

he looks happy with sadie. i have to see the pictures all over my social media feed. gosh, sadie is so pretty. no wonder why he couldn't wait for me.

i have been trying to focus myself every since. i have been working on making some music, and finding things to do that makes me feel relieved and happy about myself.

it was a saturday morning, and i was once again on the phone with millie. i didn't want to get out of bed yet. way to early for my liking.

"aren't you excited?" millie exclaimed through the phone.

i looked at her with a confused look. "for what?" i asked.

she rolled her eyes at me like she was very annoyed. "girl, please don't tell me you already forgot."

i looked at her. "what? is it like your dog's birthday or something?"

she shook her head. "no!" she screamed. "you are getting your drivers license tomorrow. are you crazy?"

my eyes suddenly got big and i remembered. "oh my gosh shit. i forgot all about it. i have been so caught up with other things."

"and so guess what...." she started to say.

"what?"

the doorbell rang and my dogs started to bark like crazy.

"ugh it is only 9 in the morning. it's probably my mom at the door. she went for a run this morning."

i ran downstairs in my pajamas and tied on my bathrobe. i put in the security code for the alarm and opened the front door.

and there she was. it was not my mom. it was my bestest friend ever. it was millie.

"what the hell mills. what are you doing here!" i yelled in excitement. "what? how? i don't understand."

she smiled at me mischievously. "you really thought i was going to miss my best friend getting her driver's license. she added. "no, i was not. come her y/n."

i came over and gave her a huge hug. it felt so nice to see her in person again. it had been so long since we had seen each other, and filming had let out so long ago.

i helped her out and brought all her suitcases and belongings up to my room. she plopped onto my bed and smiled.

"i am so happy to see you again." she giggled.

"me too." i replied. "it has been so long, and we really need to catch up. i have so much to tell you."

"spill it y/n." she nudged me. "i'm only going to be over here for three days."

i laid down on the bed right next to her, and started to talk away. i told her a;; about me and finn's little secret, how he said he would be willing to wait for me, and how he ended up leaving and breaking his promise for sadie.