XI.

"y/n the live premiere is about to start!"

millie and i were at my house and we had started a live premiere on youtube for the music video of 'drivers license'.

she surprised me and visited to be with me for the release day. she even decorated the entire bottom floor of the house.

she had put up a backdrop, with purple and silver streamers to match the theme and aesthetic of the music video. big gold balloons that spelled out 'i got my drivers license' floated right in front of it.

"okay okay okay. im coming." i panicked as i ran over to the laptop and phone setup we had started in the living room.

"hey guys." i said to the camera. "the music video is about to premiere in 10 seconds. thank you all so so much for all the love and support, and i hope you enjoy the song."

"and done." millie said as she ended the livestream. "this is it y/n! the music video is about to go live in...."

10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1

the video finally went live on the platform for everyone to see and millie and i started cheering.

"oh my gosh!" millie exclaimed. "you did it girl. congratulations!"

i went over to her and gave her a huge hug. "ahh thank you mills!"

we turned our attention to the laptop again and my very own music video for my very own song was playing.

the video was literally everything that i would have wanted in a music video. the colors, the vibe, the scenery.

"wow." millie said. "you guys really did this video incredibly. like wow its so beautiful."

my lyrics had finally come together. off the paper and for everyone to hear.

i could feel my heart beat. this was it. 

i sung along with all of the lyrics.

i got my drivers license last week
just like we always talked about
cause you were so excited for me
to finally drive up to your house
but today i drove through the suburbs
crying cause you weren't around

and your probably with that blonde girl
who always made me doubt
she so much older than me
shes everything im insecure about
yeah today i drove through the suburbs
cause how could i ever love someone else

and i know we weren't perfect
but ive never felt this way
for no one
and i just can't imagine
how you could be so okay
now that i'm gone

i guess you didn't mean what you wrote in that song about me
cause you said forever, now i drive alone past your street

and all my friends are tired
of hearing how much i miss you but
i kinda feel sorry for them
cause they'll never know you the way that i do
yeah today i drove through the suburbs
and pictured i was driving home to you