XIV.

i walked into the supermarket with a sour look on my face. i was just ready to pick up those groceries and get out of their before i might burst with a million words.

when did sadie ever get into music? i have never heard her sing before. 

i stalked through the store picking boxes and items off the shelves and rushed to the checkout to get everything over with. 

although i looked quite frustrated and annoyed, the cashier greeted me with a kind attitude. 

she was on the younger side, probably around my age. she was wearing the supermarket uniform and some beaded necklaces hung around her neck.

she looked up and her eyes started to brighten. i was kind of confused. what was she looking at? was there something on my face. 

"excuse me." she suddenly asked me as i was fishing for some money in my wallet. "i hate to bother you, but you really look a bit familiar."

oh okay. she probably saw me on stranger things. i was relieved that there was not some weird shit on my face or something. 

"um yeah." i smiled at her a little awkwardly. "i'm an actress, so you must have seen me in some stuff." 

she shook her head while she scanned a can of peaches. "oh no. i recongize you from this one song it's really good. you look like the girl on the cover art. maybe it's not you. i am not sure." 

she pulled out her phone and went scrolling around on it until she faced the phone in my direction and showed me her screen. 

she was on spotify, and my song was up on one of her playlist. 

i gave her a soft smile. "yeah actually that is me. sorry, i didn't think anyone would recognize." 

her eyes widened. "i have ner met someone like this before." she walked out from behind the counter. "do you mind if i could get a quick picture with you, y/n?"

this was something that was kind of new to me. yeah, i was on stranger things, but i never really got recognized for my music, so this was kind of new. 

"yes of course." i replied. 

i leaned over beside her and posed for the picture. as much as i was in a bad mood, i felt all that suddenly disappear. it's always nice to meet people who support you and everything you do. 

i thanked her and walked out the supermarket with bags in both of my hands. i stuffed them all in the trunk, and hopped back into the front seat.

i shoved my keys into the ignition and reached into the backseat to grab my bag, which had my phone inside. 

i took my phone and plugged it in to connect it to the aux in the car, to play some music. that is when i realized that my phone was dead.

"oh c'mon." i sighed. "now i have to listen to the stupid radio."

who even listens to the radio anymore? there is spotify and apple music. 

i turned on the radio and it started blaring with advertisements. i went from station to station to find one that didn't have a million ads, and then i heard my name being spoken by some girl on the air.