II.

it was another day on set and we were taking a break. we had just filmed a pretty intense scene, so the crew decided we rest before shooting the next.

finn was sitting in a chair, while a lady was retouching is face with powder and another was adjusting his wig.

"hey y/n. that scene was a handful, yeah?"

he had his guitar out, his special one. the gibson that he had purchased in japan a while back. it was his favorite to play.

he started to strum a beautiful tune that filled the set.

"wow. is this the song that isn't completed yet?" i asked. "it sounds really good finn."

"nah." he looked at me. "its not, its just random i guess."

it was the words "i guess" that kind of made what he said a little weird. he seemed like he was lying, but i was not planning on questioning him about it just yet.

he continued to play and the rest of our costars started to surround him.

"wow dude. this is really nice." caleb complimented him. "sing it for us with your melodic voice!"

finn randomly looked at me and then shook his head.

"um no sorry. it really isnt-"

then i decided to interrupt him just this one time.

"finn please. sing for us. please."

i tried to purposely be soft on my last "please" so that perhaps he would be willing to sing. i didn't care honestly, i just wanted to hear the song, because he had been acting so weird about it.

usually, he would be willing to sing, but why is it that now it takes convincing?

he sighed and finally gave in. "fine. but just um nevermind. here it goes."

he seemed super nervous. it just didn't seem like finn to me. but i relaxed and sat back to listen to him.

he started singing.

you said you got to think it over
i can't stop thinking about you
is he the guy you want to hold you?
ill be here when you need me to

he then moved on to singing the chorus.

how am i supposed to think about anything else?
how am i to go on thinking this to myself
im done pretending i want anyone else
anyone else, anyone else.

he then stopped singing and paused.

"that was all i really have done for the song." he explained. "again, it really isn't finished yet."

"finn, that was really nice song." i told him.

"yeah of course it is." caleb agreed. "what is it about?"

finn stammered for a moment, and had that look that he always had on his face when he was worried or nervous. this was something i have recognized after knowing him for quite a time now.

"well, i wrote it about a girl. i really like her, but the thing is that i can't be with her basically." finn replied.

i felt as if i had sunk in a deep dark hole. who was this girl that he was even talking about? i always thought that me and finn had this special connection, but i guess all this time he had someone else on his mind.

and this someone else already had a special someone. they were already taken, but finn had it out for them.

i quietly decided it was best to not burst out into feelings in front of everyone, and just calm myself down by walking around outside around the trailers.

i walked outside, pacing around and around. just trying to ease my mind and calm myself down. i thought for a while and decided to walk just a little more before it was time to shoot again.

wow it really has been a while since i had actually took a walk.

"y/n! y/n what's wrong?"

it was finn and he was coming towards my direction.

"y/n. hey let's talk please."

authors note 🌆
this chapter was a little short, but the next one is probably going to be longer. also the song he was singing was actually called 'anyone else' by joshua bassett. if you know the actual story behind the song 'drivers license' by olivia rodrigo, of which this story is based, then you probably know how the song plays a role.

also, why is this chapter so like- dramatic!? promise that the upcoming chapters will be much better!!!  if your thinking of not reading this book anymore, please don't leave me yet, the plot starts to get better in the next couple chapters!