XXII.

although louis and i were so tired from last night, i found myself waking up early. because i still could not believe it.

my song was number one. something that i had wrote, and put out. who knew that a song about me getting heartbroken by a boy and getting my driver’s license would get all the way to the top.

i rolled over and louis was still sound asleep. i wrapped my arms around and pulled him in for a warm embrace. he started to groan, so i backed away because i didn’t want to wake him.

“sorry lou. i woke up early because i was thinking about some things. i’ll let you go back to sleep no-”

he cut me off and pulled me closer to him by the waist. “no it’s fine. come here i want to cuddle with you.”

i smiled as he put his head snug onto my shoulder. i put my head on top of his. he smelled nice, like a smell that you might associate with a nice love song.

he looked up at me straight in the eyes and gave me a soft look.

“wow. this boy is literally so cute.” i thought in my head. “glad he is mine.”

“why are you awake so early?” he asked me, with his british accent making it even better. “it’s like six o’clock in the morning. seems pretty early for me.”

“well i guess i was still caught up on what happened last night.” i told him while i ran my fingers through his messy brown hair.

“i know right. number one y/n? my girlfriend having a number one song? that’s probably like my biggest flex right there.”

i blushed. it still gave me a thrill to hear him call me his girlfriend. it was something that i have never felt with my time with finn, because he decided that he would never mention me as his girlfriend. i guess my biggest flex was moving onto this british boy next to me.

louis closed his eyes and laid back on my shoulder, and i reached over to the bedside table to grab my phone.

as soon as i turned it on, i saw a flood of notifications plastered on my lock screen. text messages, social media comments and tags, and missed phone calls.

i immediately went to instagram, because that was the first app i usually checked when i went on my phone.

there were a lot of posts congratulating me on my song, and music news accounts posting the news on their accounts. it made me happy to see that so many other people were just as excited as me.

i loved seeing all of this. to have a number one song and all this support has always been a dream of mine, and now it’s finally coming true.

louis must have been looking over my shoulder, because he said something that was somewhat sarcastic.

‘wow y/n. your like so cool and popular now. i had no idea!”

i chuckled and threw my phone to the side and leaned over and planted a kiss on his lips.

“you are just so sweet partridge.” i said to him as he gave me another kiss. “such a sweet boy. does this have something to do with you being british or something?” i joked.