XXXI.

it was monday, and it was the day louis was expected to come back from atlanta and we were supposed to meet at the airport so i could pick him up.

i got in my car and started to make my way to the airport.

i knew that i should have not went to get him after everything he has done, but i wanted to confront him about it. it wasn't going to be a happy reunion for sure.

after about a half an hour, i had made it. i parked my car and walked inside.

i felt gross. i was wearing sweatpants and a sweatshirt and my hair was tied up in a messy bun, but it didn't look good. i hadn't gotten out of my bed for the past day or two. that's what louis did to me. it was his fault.

im glad nobody recognized me with my hood over my head, but then i saw him.

he was coming down a ramp with his suitcase in his hand. he seemed happy to see me and he had a smile on his face.

this would've been cute to me, if only he didn't leave and come back for the wrong reason.

"y/n!" he shouted as he came over to be and wrapped his arms around me. it felt good to feel that again, because this might be the last time.

I gave him half a smile and he his nose scrunched up. he knew that i smelled. but he didn't mention anything.

without a word, we walked out of the airport and back to my car. i hopped in and started the ignition and he stuffed his luggage in my trunk and got into the passengers seat.

i started to back out of the parking space, and that's when he finally said something.

"y/n." he said going for my hand but i moved it away. "what's wrong? why aren't you talking. are you on your-"

"don't even say period." i glared at him. "that isn't it at all."

he raised his eyebrows. "okay then. what is it?"

i looked at him. he couldn't be this serious.

"you should know exactly what you did. don't act like you don't know what you did louis. stop playing dumb and confess to it already."

his head slung down and he sighed as he rubbed at his eyes.

"y/n it isn't what you think."

"then what was it?" i shot at him. "you had some press and things to do with the cast of your movie? or you went and saw sadie."

i didn't even stop to pause in between my words. i just kept going.

"out of all the people." i scoffed. "it had to be her. why? i just don't understand. you have been here for me through it all and you still decided to-"

"no y/n i don't like her." he interrupted me. "i was not there for the reason you think. i was there because....because." he stuttered.

"because what?" i cried. i didn't want to cry in front of him, but i didn't care no more. he did this and it was his fault.

he looked like he was going to break too.

"i was there because...because she practically blackmailed me y/n."

"what do you mean she blackmailed you louis?" i asked in between tears. "for what reason would she have to blackmail you? or to even be around you!"

"remember that party that we went to? the one we went to after we first met. at the airport."

and just like that i was taken back to that memory. it hadn't been so long ago, but it sure felt like it. that was when i kissed louis for the very first time.

"what about it? what does that have to do with it?"

"she kissed me. sadie kissed me at that party. and she said that she would tell you about it unless i agreed to go to atlanta for the weekend so she could see me." he blurted out. "that's the truth. i promise that's all."

my heart sunk. he kissed sadie? what was it with this girl locking lips with literally everybody i have ever loved. my luck was horrible. i didn't even know what to say.

i was trying to keep my eyes on the road but my tears were blocking my view.

"you kissed her?" i could hear that my own voice was starting to give up. "was this- was this before we got together?"

i looked over at him, and he nodded.

"yes y/n, and i was drunk and she took advantage of me. going to atlanta was a mistake. but i was doing it because...because i didn't want to hurt you!"

eyes on the road, i shook my head. "no...no louis. the lying and sneaking around? yeah that's what hurt me and you can't just use that as an excuse. you did what you did."

his hand traveled to find mine, but i swatted it away. as much as i wanted to feel his touch and kiss him again, i fought it off. he didn't deserve it. it caught him by surprise.

"don't touch me." i scoffed. "and i don't care anymore. you can kiss whoever you want, because...."

i know whether i should say what i wanted to. what if i was just heated and i ended up regretting it? i just didn't know what to do anymore.

"y/n please say something." louis pleaded.

we reached my house and we pulled into the driveway. i parked and turned the ignition off, and rested my head on the steering wheel.

"y/n...." he said again. "say something please. the silence is going to kill me."

i didn't even know what to say anymore, even if i wanted to speak.

"i don't even know what to say anymore." i sighed. "im getting tired of this already, and im not just going to let it go."

"i know you won't y/n but-"

"louis just go inside." i cut him off. "please just move into the guest room until i figure out what to do."

he looked as if he was about to cry as the both of us got out of the car and i opened the trunk so that he could retrieve his luggage.

whatever. he shouldn't be the one who gets to be upset.

authors corner 🌆
sorry for a somewhat long wait on this
chapter! but something is coming, and i
don't know if you all are ready.

or maybe you are.