XXXIV.

i opened my eyes and i tried to adjust my sight to the brightness. i looked out the window. i was back. i was finally in atlanta.

the plane landed and i grabbed all my belongings and made my way off. i entered the airport and headed over to the baggage claim to collect by suitcase, and thats when i saw him.

i saw his familiar curly hair and that smile. it was finn, and was holding up a sign with my name on it. he displayed a grin on his face as i grabbed my suitcase and immediately walked over to him.

"what! i had no idea that you were gonna be here!" i heard myself say.

i smiled at him. even though it shouldn't be, it felt kind of awkward. we had been distant for so long, that i didn't know what it felt like to be around him no more.

i decided just to give him a hug because after all, i really did miss it. "how have you been?" i asked him. i just wanted things to feel somewhat normal between us again, and not so weird.

"im trying to do better everyday." he laughed as i released him from my hug.

we started to walk out of the airport, as we caught up with each other and chatted. it felt nice just to have a simple conversation with him again, just like the old times.

we exited the airport building, and i found his car parked over by the sidewalk. "ah i missed this thing." i put my hand on the hood of the car. "yeah i remember when you-"

"would teach you how to drive in this car." he finished my sentence. "crazy to think you finally have your license now. congrats." he threw the car keys off me and it caught me off guard. "your gonna drive us back now y/n."

us? was there another person in the car? was it a girl?

he grabbed my bags and loaded them in the trunk. i opened the door and hopped into the drivers seat, and when i looked in the back, there in fact was another person in the car, and it was a girl.

"hey best friend." she said and i basically stuffed myself back there. "i didn't know you were going to be here either!" i exclaimed. "im so happy to see you!" i gave her a huge hug.

it wasn't just some random girl, it was my best friend. it was millie. i had no idea she was here  i wonder if finn had told her that we were on good terms now.

finn came in through the passengers side and he looked confused to why i wasn't in the front. "this car isn't going to drive itself." he said.

here it was again, the usual sassy wolfhard.

"hold on im coming geez." i told him. "i got excited when i saw millie, and you didn't tell me that you were bringing her." i said climbing back into the drivers seat. "does she know that-"

"yeah i did tell her that everything is fine between us now." he answered before i was even able to finish. "i hope thats fine." i nodded.

"of course he had to tell me." millie reasoned. "although y/n was my best friend and i stuck with her through whatever mess the two of you had, i really did miss hanging out with the both of you. after all the cast is like family, and it wouldn't be the same without you guys."

she was definitely right. im was happy to see all of us around each other again, like what it all was before. the last time that the three of us hung out was the wrap party.

i put in the keys and turned on the ignition and finally got on the road. the feeling of being able to drive in the city that i loved was amazing. i opened the window and let the breeze come in.

the three of us drove through the streets jamming out to music and just having a great time. i looked over at the gas, and it looked like we were running out.

"we are gonna have to stop and get some gas." i said as i pulled into a nearby gas station. i parked and got out of the car.

i looked at the gas station. "how the fuck do i work this thing?" i muttered to myself. i realized that i have never filled up the gas in a car before. my mom would always do it for me when i was back home.

finn got out of the car, and started to fill up the car for me without a word. "you don't know how, don't you?"

"of course i know how to do it." i lied. "you just came in and did it for me so i didnt get the chance-"

"i really missed this. i missed you y/n." he randomly said out of nowhere. "i think i did too." i admitted.

"its just that i know no matter what, its always going to be you." he started to say. "you were here first and your going to always be my ending. don't you notice y/n? we have been through this entire mess and at the end its always going to come back to the both of us."

i didn't know what words should come out of my mouth. in the moment, it was a lot to take at once.

"what are you trying to imply?" i asked him.

"im going to sound so pathetic now." he sighed. "but what im saying is that i want a second chance, and i don't care no more. ill go public with you or if you want i could wait. whatever it takes-"

he stopped talking as i came in for a kiss. it felt just like the first time, and even though it wasn't, it felt new all over again.

we pulled away when we were interrupted by millie.

"shit you guys!" millie exclaimed. "i didn't realize that this was going to happen. get a room!"

authors corner 🌆
alright who's happy with this?
i finally found the motivation to write another
chapter and it feels amazing to finally release
it! but its kinda sad to know that this story is
coming close to an end :(

im gonna go piss my pants and cry or something

anyways, seeing all you guys comment "here" and
"first" like a couple seconds after i update a new
chapter makes me laugh. i love yall sm thank you
for being some real dedicated readers.