III.

"y/n c'mon lets talk."

i walked and tried to ignore him. but it was hard to do. how could you ignore someone him.

finn grabbed me by the shoulder so that he could see me and i could see him.

"what?" i huffed. "what do you wanna start with? the fact that-"

"y/n okay wait. if your thinking what i think you are, then just wait." he blurted. "to get it out of the way, no, i don't have a secret girlfriend or whatever."

i scratched the back of my neck and sighed.

"finn. i don't want you to think that im obsessed with you or something. but i think we both know there is something between." i pointed back and forth between the both of us with my finger. "us."

i continued to talk before he spoke again. "you just have been acting so weird to me lately and i kind of don't know what to think."

he slumped his face and then looked back at me. his bright chocolate eyes glistening as he looked me straight in the eyes.

"yeah i know." he said. "there is something between us but you know..."

he paused all of a sudden and i looked at him with a confused expression.

"you know we can't be together because...." he stammered. "our ages. remember, im already 18 and your only 15."

"im turning 16 this year." i blurred out.

"im aware y/n. this gap is barley a difference and its fucking ridiculous." he assured me. "but know that i really like you y/n. like a lot."

i felt myself blushing and i smiled at him.

"me too." i replied softly. "like a lot."

he came and stood closer to me. and he locked eyes with me once again.

"and that song." he added. "that song was about you. that's why i was kind of being weird about it. sorry."

i finally understood. he was singing about how we couldn't be together because of these circumstances. all along i thought it was about someone else, but it was actually about me.

"how sweet of you." i laughed. "i didn't know that finn wolfhard was so sweet."

he smiled widely. "just know y/n, that if it is okay with you, then i can wait."

i looked at him. "what do you mean?" i asked.

"well. im in love with you y/n. and i hope you are too. ill wait a year or two, or however long is takes for me to be with you."

my jaw dropped in surprise, but i looked at him so happily. he seemed to be serious about it.

"actually?" i said in shock. "you would actually do that?"

he nodded. "why wouldn't i?" because im so obsessed with you." he mocked me.

"oh shut up finn." i muttered with a smile as i gave him a small punch on the shoulder.

"so ill wait. then we can be together. deal?"

he held his hand out for me to shake.

i reached my hand out to shake his hand, but he wrapped and locked his fingers around mine and pulled me in closely.

i looked up at his face. his beautiful freckles paired with the most dazzling eyes i have ever seen. his locks of curls set so perfect on the top of his head. wow he was such a dream boy.

"so can this be the part where we kiss now?" he asked.

he was so cute. he even asked for my permission. i didn't know finn was such a gentleman.

i put a fake hesitant look on face and put my hand up to my chin.

"i don't know. maybe you should address me by my name?" i said jokingly.

he rolled his eyes at me the way he always does.

"ugh y/n im trying to be romantic. but anyways." he continued. "can i please kiss you now?"

i smiled. "of course finn."

he leaned over and we locked lips. i could feel his sincerity and the adrenaline came back all over again. it was just me and finn, behind some set building, in a very amazing moment.

after a while, he pulled away and laughed.

"okay, we should probably get back."

i grinned. "yeah probably."

he seemed to be trying to catch his breath, and i found myself doing the same thing.

i leaned against a brick wall to take a break and try to catch my breath. finn came over and stood by me, his hair basking in the sunlight.

suddenly a door flew open and someone came out.

it was gaten matarazzo. he was looking around.

"finn? y/n?" he called out. "are you guys out here? we are going to be shooting more scenes in five!"

"we're over here." finn shouted.

gaten came around the corner and found the both of us standing against the wall.

"what's up with you two?" he asked. "you both look exhausted. what did you do? run?"

finn and i looked at each other at the same time and exchanged a couple glances.

"uh no." finn told him. "just talking that's all."

he gave him a funny look and shrugged his shoulders.

"well okay whatever. but you guys should probably be back on set with the rest of us."

finn and i nodded and when he went back inside and heard the sound of the door shut, finn leaned over and kissed me again.

"well." i said when we pulled away. "guess we figured everything out."

"yeah. glad we did y/n. remember im waiting for you."

"of course." i replied. "i'll remember."

authors corner 🌆
hey guys!! not very sure if you would consider this chapter long or short, but hope you enjoyed it.

the next chapter will be mostly instagram posts, so it might be longer. its important to read the next chapter since it mostly builds the plot around the story!!

also thank you to those of you who come back for every chapter!! you know who you are!