➹ ᴀ ʜᴇʟᴘɪɴɢ ʜᴀɴᴅ ➹ -1-

Modern AU, Childe has left an opening for your escape and you run into Diluc. But once again Childe finds you. What will happen to you now?

"Sweetie?" I heard a small knocking at my front door. I rose up from the couch and tiptoed over to the window. I moved the curtain and peered out to see Childe standing out in the rain. He was somewhat shivering, but he held a small red rose in his hands. "Sweetie please!" He knocked on the door hastily. Was he worried about me? I saw him reach to turn the metal doorknob. I quickly hurried to lock the door. "So you are in there! (Y/N), please I'm so sorry!" I hurriedly,but very quietly, put on my shoes. I have to make a run for it! I went to the back of the house to escape through the back door. Why can't he just leave me alone! He probably isn't expecting me to try and escape with this storm going on. My heart started beating louder as I opened the back door carefully. "That's it, I'm coming in!!" I ran out faster than I thought I could've ever run. A rush of adrenaline kept me going until I reached the end of the block. My heart was beating so fast, my breathing jagged, and I was drenched in rain, but most importantly I don't think he saw me go down this street. I went up to the door of this house. Quite bigger than the rest on this block. The door was wooden and painted a bright pink. I hope they can help hide me for now. I rung their doorbell. Their music could be heard from the outside, quite pleasant. They opened up the door and it was a cutesy little girl. Her blonde hair and glowing eyes made her look like a doll.

"Are you ok?" Her voice was sweet and gentle.

"Is your mom home?" She shook her head, her hat almost flying off her head. I took a small peek inside. The house was certainly spacious.

"Nope! My babysitter Jean is though!! I'll go get her." She ran back in and came back holding her hand. The babysitter seemed so done with the little girl, but she gave me a caring smile.

"W..would it be ok if I came in for a bit? My uh.. car stopped working around the corner. I just don't want to be out in this rain any longer!" She nodded and stepped aside to let me in. I took off my shoes and jacket.

"Here give them to me, I'll go put them in the dryer. What bad luck you must have. Sit on the couch I'll bring you some hot cocoa." She opened a door and ascended down a flight of stairs. I suppose their basement has the dryer. I sat down on their couch and took the place in. A high ceiling, very clean white walls surprisingly! Though I soon spotted a small kid's drawing with crayon behind the tv. I saw the little girl drawing something else on the wall. I feel like the sitter won't be happy with that!

"I'm Klee!" She kept herself turned to the wall as she spoke. "I'm glad to have a new friend to play with now!" She giggled and grabbed another crayon.

"Whatcha drawing there Klee?" She turned back to me and looked around, probably seeing if her babysitter was around. She put her finger to her mouth and turned back to the wall. I suppose it's a secret. I laughed slightly and heard footsteps coming from the basement. Jean came back up and she adjusted her ponytail before heading over to the kitchen. I watched as she turned on the stove. Laying back on the couch I got easily got comfortable. It was so plush it was almost like sinking into a cloud. The exterior was a cool leather but anything beat the rain. I closed my eyes and listened to the pitter patter that was slowly coming to a stop. I started to slightly doze off. Seems like I haven't slept much because of Childe... Suddenly something in the kitchen clashed together. Just some pots she was cleaning. I took a deep breath in and smelled the cocoa. Seems like I slept a bit. I sat up and saw Jean turning off the stove to let the cocoa cool down. I smiled at her, but my heart was soon struck with fear as I heard a knock at the door. He found me? I need to escape!! It all started to go in slow motion as Klee happily started to hop to the door. Before I could stop her the door was opened. Adrenaline coursed through my veins and I got up and ran down to their basement! What if he already saw me! What if he hurts them! Maybe I should've just called the police in the first place. While I was regretting all my actions that led me to this point I heard an unfamiliar voice. It wasn't Childe, but the whole thing was leaving me uneasy. Now I need an excuse to leave. Though I had only been there for 5-10 minutes at most I took my clothes out of the dryer to leave. I could be putting them in danger..! I slipped on my shoes, that were still rather damp, and my jacket. I headed back up and saw a red head with crimson colored eyes. When we locked eyes I could feel heat rising to my cheeks.