◌ ೄ ᴛᴇᴀsɪɴɢ xɪɴɢǫɪᴜ ◌ ೄ

Xingqiu is always teasing you, what will it take for him to stop? Where will this lead the two of you?

"Ahh yes, you're as beautiful as a violetgrass after being left out in the heat." I smacked his shoulder.

"Whatever, not like anyone likes your ugly mug either!" Xingqiu got off the tree stump and headed towards me. I looked up at him as I was still sitting under a tree. He knelt down to me, smirking.

He lifted my chin up and brought his face way too close for comfort. I started blushing when started he whispering in my ear. "Who says no one likes this ugly mug, hmm? I know I can think of at least one person.." I pushed Xingqiu back and he fell on his bottom. "Hey, now don't be like that." He was still smirking at me, leaving me flustered.

I got up and started down the hill. "Whatever." I mumbled. Was he toying with me or has someone else really confessed to him. Xingqiu quickly caught up to me.

"What's wrong now (Y/N). Every time I tease you, you always get upset." Does he ever hear himself!? He didn't bother to look at me. He was entranced by his stupid book. Every time I'd get upset and try running off, he'd bury his nose in a stupid book!! It's like he doesn't care about my feelings sometimes. I clenched my fists and stopped walking. I'm putting a stop to this. It's gotten out of hand.

I sighed and snatched the book from his hands and saw that his face was beet red. I looked at him rather surprised. "What the hell were you reading!" I skim the page but nothing that would cause a need for embarrassment or anger. Before I get a chance to say another word he pulled me closely towards him and dipped me as if we were dancing. I dropped the book in shock and couldn't say a word.

"(Y/N)... after everything you're still clueless." I started blushing. Clueless? Not really, more just confused.

——

When he brought me chocolates for Valentine's Day and he grabbed the note attached before I could read it. "It's not meant for you." Every time he'd talk as if there was another person, jealousy surrounded my heart, as well a tinge of pain. He gave me so many mixed signals that even when he'd talk to me so sweetly I couldn't help but think it was just him kidding around. "Y/N).. you will be mine till sunset! Then you may dance with another." Is what he said to me when we went out to a small party in the afternoon. We danced in their backyard somewhat. I waited till sunset for when the party would really get started. My favorite song came on and someone had come up to me asking to go dance, and perhaps have a drink. Xingqiu then grabbed my hand telling me we should go out to eat. "The food ran out!" I knew it was a lie. I even heard him mumble, "I didn't know you'd be so eager to dance with some stranger." When I asked him to repeat he didn't speak. Once again buried his nose in a book. Was he just hiding how upset he was? Small sweet moments mixed with confusing signals made me fall for him and into a deep pit. It was quite the challenge trying to claw myself out, because sometimes it really left me distraught, but I hoped he liked me too.

"Where are you going Xingqiu?" He looked over at me wearily but quickly smiled.

"Nowhere.. just out with a new friend." I nodded, but when I went out later to go pick up a snack I saw him and someone else together. Arms linked and laughing just like me and Xingqiu did. When he saw me his smile disappeared and he seemed angry. I waved, but once out of sight I ran back home bursting into tears. When I asked him why he looked mad, it turns out the guy I was standing next to was "too close". I didn't even know him, I was just asking for help. More misunderstandings left me wondering if he was just lying to make sure I wouldn't get upset.

——

"I'm not clueless.. you just confuse me!!! Some days you do nice things and the next you act as if you! you.. ARGH!!" I escaped him grasp and kneeled down into a ball. "Sometimes I wish you'd just be honest ya know.."

"Honest... I am honest.. most of the times. (Y/N) please look at me. I'm sorry." I looked up at him and no later he grabbed my hand and pulled me into an embrace. He gave me a quick squeeze, before letting go to look into my eyes. "I love you." The three words I've been longing for him to say for so long. I pulled him in for a kiss. I started blushing as soon as I did. "Quite bold coming from you (Y/N)." I gave him a tender smile.

"I love you too."

╭──︒✿ཾ∘∗✽ᜒࠬ. ──╮
Artist @ avatar_jo on Instagram
╰──︒✿ཾ∘∗✽ᜒࠬ. ──╯