୨୧ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɴᴏᴡ? ୨୧

"Hah, you're cold aren't you?" He starts to sneer. "You knew we were going out, and yet you didn't bother to bring a nicer coat." He grips my shoulder tightly. "You shouldn't be wearing such a cheap thing in the first place, you'll make me look bad if I don't take care of my subordinates." He takes off his own coat, practically throwing it at me. "Carry it, will you? I don't get cold, it's just dragging me." I slip it on, and despite his words it's warm. I look to him, but he's not a slight bit bothered.

We collect the data we need and head back to his base in the mountains. A small set up camp, his tent the largest. I leave the coat on his chair and bid him a goodnight. "Yeah whatever, night I suppose."

I wake up the next morning with a yawn. I look around my mostly empty tent before getting up. I grab my crumby coat and head out, hearing a fuss somewhere in the distance. One of my cincin mage friends grabs my hand, bringing me towards the ruckus. One of the Fatui agents, closer to Lord Scaramouche, is handing out new coats. I look down at mine, wondering if I should give it up. The new coats do look a lot warmer, but this was a gift. I grab a new coat, taking it back to my tent. I take off my old one and slip on the other. Its just as warm as his. He definitely didn't do this for me, bringing the jackets here would've taken weeks, but calling it nothing more than a coincidence?

Scaramouche's POV

"Hah, you're cold aren't you?" I start to sneer. "You knew we were going out, and yet you didn't bother to bring a nicer coat." I grip their shoulder tightly, more than just slightly annoyed. "You shouldn't be wearing such a cheap thing in the first place, you'll make me look bad if I don't take care of my subordinates." I take in my his own coat, throwing it at them. They can think of this as a thank you gesture for accompanying me while the others can't. Or would that be too kind of me? "Carry it, will you? I don't get cold, it's just dragging me." I almost want to catch a glance of their smile, but I don't look. I have to contain myself, it won't be much longer for my plan to be in motion. I can't have unnecessary distractions.

We collect the data we need and head back to the base in the mountains. Once back in my tent they leave my coat on the chair. I look at them as they bid me goodnight in what looks like rags. "Yeah whatever, night I suppose."

Once my agents return I order a large shipment of jackets. "By..by tomorrow morning?" The 5 of them look like this has been my worst request thus far.

"Yes, bring them or I'll replace each and every one of you." They nod, leaving quickly.

I stay up, doing my work.I tap my fingers on the wooden table once sunrise starts. They're not back yet? I hear running, one of my agents kneeling as soon as I can see him. "My Lord, we.. we brought them back." He pants, but I walk past them. Sure enough they're carting over the jackets I requested.

"Great, hand them out. When you see that sledgehammer recruit that was with me yesterday, with the crappy coat, slip this in the pocket of their jacket." He nods, hurrying back to help the others.

Fatui Agent POV

Eventually I do see them, a Cincin mage holding their arm. Once I hand out a jacket they look down at their own coat, almost with guilt. I slip the note into the pocket not taking much notice. They grab the new coat, taking it back to their tent. I watch as m'lords slips out of the badly sewn pocket. If he finds out he'll be mad, but I'll just pretend I didn't see this.

Cincin Mages POV
After grabbing my new jacket I see a note on the ground. I open it up, my eyes widening. I do hope I'll see you again, you were the most tolerable.

╭──︒✿ཾ∘∗✽ᜒࠬ. ──╮
Artist @ liann_1009 on Instagram

Source Link
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cf3VAdJvT7z/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
╰──︒✿ཾ∘∗✽ᜒࠬ. ──╯