🍃 ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀɴ ғɪʀᴇᴡᴏʀᴋs 🍃 -2-

(Y/N) stands next to me as the the fireworks starts, and Ganyu who invited herself on the other side. I see as their face brights up, it's a beautiful sight. I look down to their hands, my hand reaches over for a moment but I pull back last second. Blushing, I turn over to look at Ganyu. She seems as calm as any other day.Once I feel my cheeks cool down I look back out toward the fireworks and try to take a peek at (Y/N), however they're walking off. I rush over to them. Why are they leaving? Sometimes I wanted to blurt out how I feel for them, every time they smile, look upset, or angry I just want to hold them in my arms. Let me understand you (Y/N). As they hide their face I grow worried."Are you ok (Y/N)?" I try to sound concerned, but it comes out wrong.

"My head hurts a little, go back with Ganyu and watch the fireworks. They're almost over." I catch a glimpse of them squeezing their eyes more. Did the fireworks give them a headache?

"You said you wanted to watch them with me." And I wanted to watch them with you. I start reaching my hand to their face, but I realize I can't do anything so I let it drop back to my side.

"I just.. it's ok. Go back up." Disappointed, I let out a breath and go back to Ganyu. She hadn't really noticed anything amiss. She just gives me a smile and we watch them in silence. Once they're over I hurry back to (Y/N), hopefully they're feeling better. "I guess this year just wasn't meant to be my year." It's quiet, but I manage to catch it.

"What do you mean by that?" I sit down next to them, however they don't answer. I look towards them, hoping they'll talk to me. Let me understand you, please. As they look at me they frown, did I do something?

"You say you don't understand mortals Xiao, so why do you try and understand me?" In surprise I almost recoil, however I regain my composure.

"I'm curious about people, though I may not show it often it's true. You're the only one I can talk freely with," the only one I truly want to talk to, "I can ask you and you won't turn to look at me weirdly." They flash me a smile, but it doesn't seem genuine. Is everything really ok?

"I see, thank you. I'll be heading back to Liyue then." I watch them get up and brush off their knees. Their hair damp, were they splashing their face with water?

"So late? That's more than a little dangerous (Y/N), have the inn keeper give you a room. It shouldn't be an issue." Don't they understand how unsafe Liyue can be at night? We take the elevator up, I take a few glances at them.

"Are there any free rooms Verr?" If there aren't I'll have to let them stay in my room, which is mostly untouched.

"There aren't, during Lantern Rite we're usually booked. People love the food and the view of the fireworks, even if they manage to miss the show in the harbor. Many just don't like the crowd." I'm not too surprised and (Y/N) just shrugs. Somewhat annoyingly.

"I'll be heading back it seems, it's not like Ganyu isn't doing the same." They sigh, but that response is silly. They're much more weaker than her, mortals are so frail.

"It's different, she's an adeptus you're not." While I don't mean to raise my voice, I do slightly.

"She's only half! I can take care of myself Xiao, don't worry about it." It doesn't make a difference, I grab them before they can argue it anymore. I open the door to my room and they walk inside. Considering I barely use it, it should be fine.