⇾ ɢɪᴠᴇ ɪᴛ ᴀ ᴛʀʏ ⇾ -F-

⚠️ HEAVY HEAVY SUGGESTION / SOME IMPLIED SMUT  Starts right after the second paragraph ⚠️

The New Year brought new opportunities for 'get togethers' as the fatui soldiers called them. In truth they were more parties filled with a continuous flow of alcohol and food. As usual a few of the harbingers would end up attending to let loose. Only one really managed to capture your attention... and he wanted yours.

Upon the party beginning everyone is practically pumping the alcohol into their veins, you included. Taking glances at Childe across the room, to which he gives you a small smirk. Before the night ended he got, giving you the nod. Leaving the party he takes one glance back at you, you hurry to follow him back to his tent.

He pushes in deeper, his hand gently caressing your head. "You're doing so good for me.. Ah fuck yes.." He has a soft look until he's gotten closer, his eyes closing as his pants grow heavier and his movements getting sloppy and desperate. Your hands grip his shoulders until his warmth all too easily spills into you. "You're such a good girl aren't you?" He laughs, pulling out.

The morning you woke up you were snuggled into Tartaglia's warm embrace, his grip tightening around you as you tried to get out of his arms. He slightly chuckles, bringing you closer while immobilizing you. "Tartaglia.. let me go." You grumble, only to be met by the shake of his head. He only listens once there's voices calling for him outside the tent. He hastily adjusts himself and leave the tent without a word. His underlings begin talking to him, but the hangover makes it hard to focus on what they're saying. You think better of it and lay back down, thinking about your relationship with him. The best explanation of the relationship was friends with benefits, though it was all too easy to want more with him. The way he always gives soft looks before losing control, or whenever he tightens his embrace as if he would never let go if he had the choice.

While he's off in Liyue you begin to have morning sickness, your worst fear coming true. The uncertainty of the relationship always had you worried about this outcome. You go to the doctor to confirm it, using him as a last resort as there was no other guarantee the secret wouldn't get out. He congratulates you, taking no notice of your disdain, or perhaps he took pleasure in it. With his plastered toothy grin it was too hard to tell.

You contemplate your choices, tell Childe or don't. Whichever choice was picked it would alter the relationship between you two. Picking up a pen and beginning to write what had happened, tears soon litter the paper. You were scared to do this without him, scared he really would leave you. He cared, did he not? Were all those soft looks really not something meaningful? Would he really let you go on and do this on your own? You didn't want to believe so, which made you work up the courage to send the letter.

No response. After a month, nothing. So you wait longer knowing it's hopeless. You were doing this alone.

The day of the birth no one but the doctor was there. You wouldn't allow anyone else, though you somewhat regretted it as you saw a malicious smile on his lips. "Perfectly healthy.. Though I do hope you want to ask me for such a favor again, I am not that kind of doctor." He takes off his gloves. "You owe me gravely for this." You nod, knowing whatever favor he'd cash in later would be something difficult. Now wasn't the time to dwell on the choice of utilizing him however, there was a baby to take care of.

Despite purposefully isolate yourself over the past few months, having had Dottore attend you his underlings caught wind at some point. It wasn't long for the gossip to spread like wildfire, which he didn't appreciate. Most of those underlings disappeared soon after.

Unfortunately for you, it reached all of Tartaglia's underlings. Of course he caught wind of it, but it wasn't until misconceptions spread did he seem to care about the situation. Seeing him at your doorstep should've been relieving, but it only made you angry. You raise a shaking hand to hit him at the very least, but he gently grabs it. Not as if you'd follow through with hurting him. "You only came for your reputation, not from the good of your heart. I regret you Tartaglia." His eyes widened, before narrowing.

His grip on your wrist tightens, to the point where it becomes painful, but you glare without wavering. "You should be glad I came at all." He spats, letting go of your wrist. You walk in, not bothering to welcome him in. The baby is playing on a small playmat, so you decide to pick her up. Her hair and eyes looked just like his. "She looks... like me." He whispers softly, but you hear it clearly. Hearing that almost loving tone putting you on edge, remembering all the nights he had used it with you. Was he genuine then, and if not then what about now?

"I just hope she doesn't end up like you." He sighs, his eyes observing you as you sit on the couch and lightly play with her. As he stands there awkwardly he eventually decides it's better to go closer. He sits down next to you seeming as though he wants to say something, his hand slightly reaching out for her. "What? Use your words Tartaglia." He really wanted nothing to do with the child, but he looked rather unsure.

If things don't work out, paying child support likely wouldn't be an issue anyway."Let me hold her." His voice seems to waver, his hands reaching for her. You're surprised by his request, but oblige. Something in his eyes changes for a fleeting moment, you almost think you imagined it, but a smile spreads on his lips. "She's rather strong.." He coos as the baby grabs one of his fingers. "That's right-.. what did you call her?" It's relieving to watch him take an interest in her..

It makes it easier to let down your guard, and you answer him with less hostility. "Tati. Her name is Tati."

For the next few hours, over a bottle of wine, the two of you catch up. He seemed more relaxed than usual, quite different from before. Upon hitting midnight he finally bids you a farewell, but you're quite certain he will return this time.

Your certainty comes true, he comes over he brings gifts for her, quite the abundance of them. Though he claims most of them are from his underlings congratulating him. Based off your suggestion the two of you go out on the town, Tartaglia laughing more than usual. Tati finds herself to be in his arms for almost the entire outing, as he had grown rather fond of her. Perhaps because he had siblings, though this was much more different than that. As the two of you sit in his home, eating a late night dinner, he feeds Tati. "Tartaglia?" You call out to him nervously, which he picks up on evidently as he turns his attention solely towards you. "I forgive you." His eyes widen, his hand leaving the spoon in the baby food. "But I need to know, and be honest with me, are you going to be here for Tati?"

"Yes." He replies immediately, a soft small smile cracking on his face. "I wasn't sure if I wanted a child.. I have siblings and they're their own handful, but when I first held her.. It was different."

╭──︒✿ཾ∘∗✽ᜒࠬ. ──╮
Artist @ arudelex on Twitter
Twitter Post Link:
https://tinyurl.com/HonoraryKnightOfTheFatui
╰──︒✿ཾ∘∗✽ᜒࠬ. ──╯