➹ ɴɪɢʜᴛᴍᴀʀᴇ? ➹

You've been dealing with nightmares for a long time now and Diluc's comforts you afterwards!

It's a brumal night. It might even snow tonight it seems. For whatever reason the cold always makes me have nightmares, however if I drink hot chocolate it might chase away the cold. It's never worked, even so I'll keep trying. I take out the keys, though my fingers are numb, I can tell they're ice cold. I fumble around the key hole before they're finally in. The second I walk in all I can hear is complete silence. Did Diluc already go to sleep? At least he remembered what I said about turning up the thermostat. I check the time on my phone and see it's much already past midnight. He usually stays up for me, however he might still be mad at me because of earlier. I didn't realize it was that serious. I sigh and take off my coat. I kick off my shoes and start making hot cocoa. I sit at the dining table and wait. We're both too hotheaded sometimes, I should've just apologized for breaking the damned cup. I don't get what was so special about it, if anything or if he was already in a bad mood from work. Either way. I'll just buy him a new, similar but hopefully same, cup. It might not have the sentimental value, if it did in the first place, but hopefully he won't be too mad about it then. I get on Google to hopefully find the cup and find similar ones, but my search is cut short by my timer for the cocoa. I get up and head towards the stove. It looks great. I pour myself some into a mug and enjoy the warmth it brings me. I wish I'd bought whip cream for this. I finish it and head upstairs to my bedroom. I peek in and see Diluc is sleeping, however his back is turned. It looks like he doesn't want to sleep facing me tonight. So he really is still upset. I sigh and grab my sleep wear, before heading into the shower. I sit and let the hot water envelope me, it always helps me feel at ease. I suppose I'll apologize in the morning. I can't stand seeing him upset, especially now that I'm in the right state of mind. I finish up my shower and change. The house is so warm I'm sure I'll have no problems sleeping. I lay down on my side and put my arm on Diluc. He grabs it and drops it back to my side and lets out a small grumble. I was probably being to loud earlier. I get closer to him and put my hands and head against his bare back. "Well now that I know you're awake, I suppose it's a good time as any to apologize." I whisper, but with how quiet it is I know he has no problem hearing me. "I'm really sorry about breaking that cup.. and then getting mad about it. I'll get you a new cup if that helps?" He stays silent and for a moment I think he's asleep, but he's not the type to sleep so easily. "Well I guess we can talk about it in the morning." I remove my hands from his back and move my head away and slowly drift off to sleep.

"You." Me? I turn to see Diluc, his arms crossed and he's got that angry expression he had earlier. "We're done." Done!? I can't bring myself to speak, and as he walks away, I can't run towards him. Don't go! Don't leave me too! I reach my hand out towards him and he slowly disappears. I'm suddenly thrown outside in the cold snow. I start walking, while on a winding gravel path, towards somewhere unrecognizable. It's a small home. I can hear voices inside. I open the door and they all turn to stare at me. No.. I do remember this place. The crowd makes a path towards my ex.. who is with someone else. The murmurs as they all stare at me. I once again try to speak, however nothing comes out again. I fall to my knees in tears. "Hey.. (Y/N)?" I feel someone caressing my head and the source of the voice is from.. Diluc?

My eyes shoot open and I see Diluc is on his side facing me. His head resting on his hand. "Are you ok..?" He's looking down at me worriedly. He brings his large calloused hand to my cheek. He wipes away tears I had apparently let out. "You were tossing and turning.. saying a few things." His voice is gentle and very soothing. I sit up and nod.

"Yeah.. I'll be ok." I sigh feeling embarrassed. He's dealt with my nightmares for a while now, but it's embarrassing he sees me in such a state. He's never made me feel bad about them, however I can't help feel bad about it. "I uh.." I turn to look at him, he sits up and puts a hand on my shoulder to reassure me. "I'm sorry about the uh cup.. the dream w..wasn't about the cup. I just feel like now is a good time as ever to apologize-" He pulls me into his arms, I take in his scent. It feels safe in his arms. All the tension in body is alleviated.

"I know it wasn't about the cup. It was never about the cup." He strokes my hair as he talks. "I was mad about work, and so when I saw you break the cup so carelessly, it just set me off... I'm never going to leave you alright?" He said he heard me talking in my sleep. While embarrassing it's reassuring. I snuggle into the crook of his neck.

"I know." He squeezed me tighter. "I know." He slowly let me go and laid down on his back. I turn on my side and rest my head on his chest, laying my arm over him. He rests his hand on my shoulder and gives it a small comforting squeeze. "I appreciate all you do for me, thank you." I snuggle him, as he turns to place a small kiss on my head.

"I love you more than you know." I softly smile and let myself drift off into sleep.

╭──︒✿ཾ∘∗✽ᜒࠬ. ──
Artist @ melovi_art16 on Twitter
╰──︒✿ཾ∘∗✽ᜒࠬ. ──