Chapter 18: Exams

Dany's POV

Something that I absolutely hate is when I have many exams on the same week. It barely gives me time to do anything. Since I'm an engineer major I took 6 classes. This made my time decrease significantly. This week I had three exams. One for my calc II class, physics I class, and my philosophy class. I wasn't too worried about my clac exam since I knew most of it from AP calc in high school. The ones I worried about was my physics exam. Physics was harder than I expected. I had spent the whole afternoon studying on a Sunday.

Lotus complained about how I wasn't spending any time with her all weekend and it only stressed me out more. I had even turned down going to dinner with Nathaniel because I was too busy studying for my exams.

Goodluck on your exams :) -Nathaniel

I smiled as I saw his message.

Thank you 😊 - Dany

I replied and turned my phone off. I had my exam first thing this morning for calc. After this I had my philosophy exam. Then I would just have to worry about my physics exam tomorrow.

Time flew by quickly and soon I was on my last class which was Art history. Finally I would be able to go home.

My plan for today was to go home study for 45 minutes for physics. Then go to Nathaniels house to cook and clean. Afterwards I would go home, shower and spend some time with Lotus. Lastly I will study for an hour and go to sleep.

I grabbed my bag putting my notebook inside as our professor dismissed class. My pencil rolled across the desk and onto the floor. I put my bag on the desk and leaned to grab the pencil but a hand beat me to it.

"Thank you" I smiled as I grabbed the pencil from the hand offering it to me. It wasn't till I looked up that I saw who it was.

"You welcome" Mark said.

"See you around" I offered him a small smile and walked out.

"Wait, Dany" I stopped half way though the door.

"Let's walk together"

"I'm going home now"

"Let me walk you to your car" he insisted.

I hesitated a bit. I wasn't mad at him but I didn't feel comfortable with him as I did before. "Okay." I finally agreed.

"I see your sister is back" he said making small talk.

"Yeah, she moved in with us again." I replied.

"That's good I Know you missed her a lot."

I was glad that I had gotten to school early and parked close. We reached my car in five minutes of casual talk.

"Thanks for walking me to my car" I said as I put my backpack in the backseat.

"Dany" he said as he tugged on my arm softly.

I turned my full attention to him, "yes?"

"I'm going to do my best to get you back. I want us to have what we had before. I'm going to treat you good and get you back. I will make you my girlfriend Dany."

"Mark, you had a whole year to make me your girlfriend and you didn't. Why do you want to do that now?"

"I didn't realize what I had till I lost it. Being without you has made me realized just how much you meant to me. How much you mean to me."

"Mark-"

"You don't have to say anything, I just want you to know I will do my best to get you to like me again. I have to get to class. I'll see you tomorrow."

And just like that he left with ought giving me a chance to say anything. It really was a bad idea to let him walk me to the car.

I hopped onto my car. My stress coming back. I had just managed to feel less stressed and now I felt more stressed than before. And on top of this my physics exam is tomorrow.