Chapter 28: Memories

Dany's POV

I tried hard to control the feeling currently swirling through my chest. I patiently listened to Nathaniel explain himself but I badly wanted to express my feelings.

"Say something please" Nathaniel pleaded as I remained silent.

"Why did you see her again? If you had already told her before why see her again?"

"She showed up unexpected at my job"

"Why did you have lunch with her? Nathaniel, she is your ex fiancé, you almost married her and you still sat down and talked to her while I was here. How do you think I feel?"

Nathaniel bent down taking my hands in his. "I know and I'm sorry. I shouldn't have talked to her again."

I shook my head as angry tears slid down my cheeks. I was burning with jealousy and more than being angry at him I was angry at myself for feeling this way. I had never felt like this before and it was killing me. The heat that radiated from my chest was spreading through out my whole body the more I thought about Camelia and him being together.

"Daenerys, I'm sorry." He cupped my cheek with one of his hand as the other remained on my hands. He ran his thumb over the back of my hand softly trying to soothe me.

"I'm going home, I'll see you later." I grabbed my purse and pushed past him. I heard as he called after me but I ignored him and left.

When I arrived home all the lights were off.  My parents had left this morning to attend to a business meeting. They had left me a message saying they would be back in a week to talk again. Lotus was asleep in her room.

I took a quick shower and prepared for bed. As I sat down on my bed my phone vibrated.

I know you're upset with me and you have every right to be. Let's talk when you feel better. I love you and you're the only girl in my heart and mind. I'm sorry for making you upset. I love you, goodnight. — Nathaniel

My jealousy calmed down as I read his message. I let go a bit of my anger and typed a reply.

I love you too. I'll see you tomorrow. Goodnight.

~~Camelia POV~~

I drown another drink. I look around the lonely bar. It was now 1 am on a Thursday morning. Instead of being with the person I love I'm here alone.

I stare at the pictures on my phone. Nate is looking at me and smiling. In another picture he is kissing my cheek. The next picture is a more intimate picture where I'm standing in front of the mirror with sheets wrapped around my naked body as Nate has one arm around my chest holding the sheets and his other arm is wrapped around my waist. His head is resting in between my neck kissing it.

I ask for another shot as I continue to scroll through the pictures of us. Another picture shows Nate on the bed with no shirt and the sheets covering his lower body as I straddle his hips.

"I want to take your picture" I said as I straddle Nates hips. The sheets being the only thing keeping our naked bodies apart.

He smiled as I took a picture of him with my phone. He takes the phone from my hand placing it besides him on the bed. He then rests his hands on my hips. His eyes roam around my naked body.

"Gosh, are you beautiful."

I smirk at his words and push him down as he tries to get up to kiss me. I shake my head , "uh uh, you're not allowed to touch."

"Cami you know how I feel about you. I like you."

I stopped smiling, "I've told you before we're just friends with special privileges. You're too young to know what you want."

"I'm 18. I think I'm old enough to know what I want."

I grinned my hips down on him getting the reaction I wanted. "You're body may know what it wants." I bent down and placed kisses down his neck all the way to his chest, "but you're heart doesnt."

Nate startled me by lifting himself up and tightly securing his arms around my waist holding me in place on top of him. His face was now extremely close to me as I remained straddling his hips.

"I'll just have to prove to you just how much my body and heart want you." He took my mouth onto his and immediately deepened the kiss.

After that day Nate kept his promises and he showered me with so many gifts and affection that my feelings for him changed completely. But me being me took his love and affection for granted. I believed that since I was his first love he would always be there for me. I believed he will always come back to me no matter how many times I left him.

The day I called off our wedding I saw how much it destroyed him. Then I came back begging for forgiveness and he took me back. I proposed and he accepted. Then I left him again and left him all alone.

No wonder he finally moved on. After how much I hurt him how could I expect him to remain in love with me. And after everything he did for me how could I not still love him?

But I lost. He is in love with that girl now and I should leave them alone.

What a lucky bitch.