Chapter 22: Messy Situation

It had been three months since Nathaniel and I had been dating. Now i stood in front of a sobbing Mia. Our love lives had taken a full 360.

I finally had my first steady relationship. While Mia was currently in a dilema.

"Mia, how do you feel about him?" I asked her the question I knew she had been avoiding to ask herself.

"I-I don't know. I thought I was in love with Dave but when Nick rejected my kiss it hurt."

I sighed and hugged her. Mia had been pursuing Dave, Nates friend and partner, but he was intersted in Nell. And Nick had confessed that he was in love with Mia. So the whole situation was messy. Nell had no interest in Dave and was extremely cold towards him.

Mia had just told me that she had gotten extremely wasted after Dave rejected her. Nick had been there and taken her home and she had tried to kiss him but he said he couldn't kiss her, not when she was like that.

"It hurts. It hurts because Nick is such a great guy. He is handsome, smart, kind and such a good friend. I don't want to hurt him and that's what I did." She cried.

"You should talk to him. Nick is an amazing guy and I'm sure you two can figure this out. And you need to apologize to him."

Mia blew her nose in the tissue and nodded. "I will. I'll go wash up and then talk to him."

I walked her to her car and hugged her before she left.

I grabbed my phone once inside and dialed Nathaniels number.

"Hey" I said as soon as I heard him answer.

"Hello Daenerys"

"Have you talked to Nick?" I asked.

"No, why? Is something wrong?" He asked with concern in his voice.

I let out a deep sigh, "let's just say it's a mess."

"I'm on my way to your house and you can tell me."

Nathaniel arrived after a while and I told him everything about what I knew.

"He hasn't told me anything. I'm going to head back to talk to him. Thanks for telling me."

I smiled at him. I knew he was also hurting for his brother. I walked towards the door following behind him.

Before he got out the door I stopped him. "It's going to be okay" I wrapped my arms around his waist. I felt him relax into my hold and wrap his arms around me.

"Thank you"

I looked up not letting go of his embrace. "For what?"

"For being a wonderful girlfriend."

I smiled, something I did very often around him, "thank you."

After Nathaniel left I was finally settling into a comfortable position in the couch when my lovely sister arrived slamming the door angrily.

"Are you okay?"

"No! I don't know what his problem is!" She yelled infuriated.

"Who?"

"My boss" she sat besides me letting her bag drop to the floor.

"The cute one?" I asked.

She glared at me but nodded.

"What happened?"

"He got mad at me for no reason. He kept asking if there was something that I needed to tell him and when I said I had nothing to tell him he just got mad and said I could take the day off and dropped me off here."

"Did you forget to tell him something?" I asked.

She shook her head, "no, even if I did he has no reason to get so mad."

"I mean he is your boss"

She glared at me once more, "who's side are you on?"

I laughed, "on yours. I'm just throwing out comments to make you think."

She leaned her head back and rubbed her small belly. Her belly had a really small bump that made it seem like she was bloated instead of 4 months pregnant.

"I should've quit when I saw he was the guy from the bar." She mumbled.

When Lotus had discovered Alex had cheated on her she immediately left him. On her way back to her birth town she stopped at a bar. When're she met a handsome stranger who had also just experienced heartbreak. She assured me nothing had happened between them just friendly talk and games. When she begun to look for a job she got hired at a company that turned out to be owned by that same stranger.

She had also found out she was pregnant the same day she found her fiancé cheating on her. As she told me what had happened I scolded her for going to a bar while pregnant but she assured me she didn't drink that she just went there for the feeling of comfort.

How a bar could comfort you? I had no idea but that's just Lotus.

Suddenly a funny idea popped into my head. "What if he thinks he is the father? And is mad because he thinks you're keeping it from him?"

Lotus eyes snapped opened and we both burst out laughing.

"Only an idiot would think that." She managed to say between laughs. Suddenly she stopped, "oh my god, he is an idiot."

Before I could say anything she rushed out. I decided to ignore her odd behavior and lay back down on the coach. Maybe now I would finally be able to rest.