Chapter 12: The Difference Between A Boy and A Man

I woke up feeling refreshed. Today was the day I went on a small trip with the group. I left my hair down in it's natural wavy state. I put on some concealer and powder. I decided against using foundation today and finished my makeup by curling my eyelashes and applying mascara. I searched through my closet and decided to wear a knitted sweater and a black skirt.

 I searched through my closet and decided to wear a knitted sweater and a black skirt

I completed the outfit with thigh high boots. Today the weather was in the 60's so I didn't think I would need another jacket. I grabbed my purse and made sure to lock the house doors properly. I waited on the bench outside my house for Marks car. Once I saw his car pull up I got on.

"Hey" I smiled.

"Hey" he greeted back.

"How was your morning?" I asked.

"It's okay, how is yours?"

"It's good" I smiled once again when we made eye contact. He offered a small smile back and I leaned on the seat enjoying the rest of the ride.

"We're going to eat breakfast with the group first and then go to the next stop"

"Good because I'm starving"

We got off the car and he opened the door to go inside the Restuarant. I went in behind him and hurried to grab the second door before it closed behind him. I took longer steps to match his pace.

"Hey guys" he greeted the people who were there. Nicholas, Andy, and Luis were there.

"Where is Sarah and Mia?" I asked.

"Mia said they were running a bit late" Nick replied.

"Oh, okay" I said and sat down on the chair besides Mark who had already sat down.

"Are your brothers coming?" Mark asked towards Andy and Nick. They both nodded and suddenly I felt nervous and excited.

As if on cue I saw Nathaniel, Dave, and Max (Andy's brother) approached our table.

"Daenerys" Nathaniel greeted me with a polite smile.

"Officer" I greeted back with a bright smile. He looked away from me and greeted the other guys. He then took a seat across from me.

I smiled again as we made eye contact and he returned my smile with one of his own. I blushed slightly and looked back down at the menu.

A nudge on my arm made me turn my attention to Mark.

"Make sure to get a lot of food. You need to gain some weight" he commented.