Chapter 30: Family Meetings Part 1

"It's going to be okay" Nathaniel reassured me.

"I'm meeting your family in a few minutes. I don't know how it's going to be okay."

Nathaniel held my hand trying to ease my nerves. The car came to a stop and I felt myself stop breathing as I looked at the mansion. I don't even think it qualifies as a mansion. It was beyond a mansion.

"Oh my God" Nathaniel helps me off the car

"Don't worry, my family is a bit extravagant but they are regular people."

I give him a look, "you're kidding right?"

He smiled, "this is the going to be the last time you'll most likely see them. Well today and at the wedding, but besides that you won't. You know my relationship with them isn't that good."

I nodded and tried to get over my nervousness. Nathaniel needed me. He would be seeing his parents after four years. I know their relationship isn't the best so I have to be here for him.

I straightened my dress and I find myself feeling happy at my choice of clothes.

"Ready?" Nathaniel asked.

I smiled, "yes."

He intertwined our hands and we headed up the long stairs. As we reached the front doors I saw an old tall man standing at the door.

"Sir" he greeted and step aside opening the door. Nathaniel thanked him and as soon as we stepped in a well dressed lady greeted us.

"I'll take your bags to your room. Shall I take the lady's suitcase to your room too?"

I blushed and looked at Nathaniel. He smirked but shook his head as he turned to look at the lady.

"She will stay in the guest room besides my room."

She nodded and signaled for the two young man behind her to go outside.