Chapter 20: The Confession

"Here" Mark handed me a jacket as I shivered. I looked at Nathaniel who was just watching the exchange casually.

"I'm okay, thank you" I politely turned him down.

I shivered once again and despite my protest Mark put his jacket around my shoulders and left without another word.

I turned to Nathaniel he simply gave me a smile, "Let's get you home."

After we had met up with the guys and had gone to eat, Nathaniel and Dave showed up towards the end. My sister had gone back home after the mall feeling tired. Dave took Mia home and Nick took Nell home leaving me with Mark and Nathaniel.

We were both silent in the car till I spoke feeling guilty, "he said he wants to try to get me back."

"I figured as much by his actions" Nathaniel had a tiny smirk playing on his face.

Raising an eyebrow I curiously asked, "aren't you worried?"

"Should I be worried, Daenerys?" He had parked the car in front of my house and was now fully facing me.

I acted as if I was giving it some thought, "hmm, no."

"Even if you don't admit it I know I'm slowly winning you over." Nathaniel got off the car leaving me thinking with those words. He opened my door and helped me out of the car.

"How can you be so sure?" I asked.

"You're like an open book. If I need an answer all I have to do is look in your eyes and the answer will be right there."

I smiled, "thank you."A questioning look came onto his face so I continued to talk, "for not pressuring me into liking you."

His eyes softened, "when you truly like someone you don't force your feelings on them. I want you to like me because you choose to not because I forced my feelings on you. Even if it takes time I'm confident I can win you over."

You already have.

"It's cold and its getting late. You have school tomorrow go on and rest."

I took slow steps to the door feeling my heart pound against my chest. I wasn't sure if I should do it or not. Finally mustering the courage I turned to him suddenly making him stop himself from bumping into me.

My cheeks flushed as I said the next words, "I like you, Nathaniel."

He stood there shocked for a few seconds before smiling back, "thank you."

"I should go in now" I suddenly felt shy and opened the door to my house.

He grabbed my wrist lightly making me face him, "I know you have classes tomorrow but could I possibly take you out when you are done?"

"What about your house? I still need to go and clean."

"It's fine take the day off."

I smiled, "okay, I'll text you when I finish so we can set up a time."

He nodded, "Goodnight Daenerys"

"Goodnight Nathaniel"

I shut the door and slid down dazed. I actually confessed my feelings. I felt an extreme satisfaction.

I went to bed and had the best sleep in years.