Chapter 19: Competition

Dany's POV

"Shopping is the best for stress." Nell ran her hand through the racks of clothes.

All of us nodded agreeing. Nell had invited Mia, Lotus and I shopping. After some convincing we finally decided on a day to come. It was a Saturday afternoon when we finally decided to come. I had finished this week barely surviving due to the stress of my exams.

"Nell?" A soft elegant voice said.

We turned towards the voice. A beautiful girl stood before us.  She had medium brown hair. She was short but had a nice figure. Her whole outfit screamed expensive. I found myself feeling glad I had decided to dress up today.

"Camil" Nell greeted

"It really is you. I barely recognized you." The girl whose name is Camil said.

"What are you doing here?" Nell asked.

Camil smiled, "I came with my father on a business trip."

"Business trip? Yet you're shopping?" Nell questioned with an eyebrow raised.

"You know us girls, we prefer shopping over long meetings."

"Well I'll leave you to it." Nell was turning to face us when Camil stopped her.

"I see you found friends. Nell, although I know you want to be friendly you should be careful with who you are friendly to" she looked us up and down before offering a small smirk.

Lotus let out a scoff and I was glad Mia was too busy on her phone to pay attention to what Camil had said.

"You should be careful with where you shop, Camil. We wouldn't want you maxing up your daddy's card that has a spending limit. We all know the Marcus family isn't doing so well lately."

"Trust me were doing just fine. I can spend as much as I desire."

"Let's see then." Nell turned towards the lady that was watching Nell and Camil. She stepped forward as Nell signaled for her, "I want everything in this rack."

"A-Are you sure ma'am? That's a lot" she stuttered.

"Yes"

Camil let out a soft laugh, "once you're done ringing her up, I'll take all the shoes on this wall."

"Camil, honey, I'm not done yet. I'll take the dresses on that rack as well." Nell pointed towards the rack besides me.

"What's going on?" Mia whispered as she saw Camil and Nell driving the lady insane as they both bought big quantities.

And there the competition to who could buy more began as they went from store to store ordering everything.

———————————

"You girls can chose whatever you like. I know I went overboard earlier. Thank you for dealing with it."

"It's okay, it was amusing seeing how rich people fight." Mia said amused. Then her eyebrows furrowed. "Wait, if you're rich then doesn't that mean Nick and Nate are right too?"

"Technically not anymore. They forfeited all the benefits when they decided they wanted nothing to do with our parents."

I was quiet. I didn't give much thought to what Nell told me. I remember when she told me she was the illegitimate child but I never gave it thought to how Nick and Nathaniel were from a rich family.

"Family issues I see" Lotus said.

"You have no idea" Nell nodded.

"This is cute" Mia said and like that we all got distracted looking at the clothes.

After a few hours we were done looking over the clothes. I chose a few pieces that were super cute and couldn't wait to wear. Hopefully Nathaniel will ask me out on a date soon.

"Nicholas asked if we want to meet up with him and his friends. They are going to eat and to the movies."

We all looked at eachother and nodded. "Great! I'll let him know then."

Little did I know that movie was going to turn into another competition not for clothes this time but for me.