Chapter 26: Confrontations

Nathaniel's POV

I grabbed my phone after dropping Daenerys off. I dialed her sisters number.

"Is she with you?" Lotus asked.

"She was. I just left her at Mia's house. I didn't think you're parents would view it appropriate if she stayed with me."

"Yeah, thank you."

"Are your parents awake?"

"Yeah" Lotus answered unsure.

"Will you please let them know I am on my way."

Lotus seemed to hesitate, "okay. I'll let them know."

I drove to Daenerys house thinking over and over again about what I would tell her parents. To say I was angry was an understatement. I hated seeing her so sad. I could see how much the words her parents said hurt her.

I found myself standing in front of her dad in his home office.

"You claim to love her but if you really love her you would let her go. She is a child. She is barely turned 19 and how old are you?"

"I'm 26" I replied.

"You're 7 years older than her. She know no better but you do. You could be using her and then leave her. You claim you'll marry her and she is dumb enough to fall for it. I'm not and it is my job as her father to make sure she doesn't fall for such words."

I shook my head, "you really don't know your daughter at all. Daenerys is not the type to fall for such words. She values herself and knows her worth. She is a confident intelligent woman that knows what she wants. I believe her and I share the same dream. If you would've been here for her you would know you're daughter would never be with someone who didn't deserve her."

"Are you claiming you deserve her?"

"Yes, if I didn't deserve her I wouldn't be with her. I would work hard to first be the man she deserves. There are times when I know I'm lacking but I only plan on working harder to deserve her. The reason I wanted to meet you is because I plan on proposing to her. I want to spend my life with her. I wanted your approval first before I asked her."

Her father leaned back on the chair, "you really love her."

"Daenerys made me see what true love was. She is filled with so much sweetness and loveliness. She is gentle but strong and firm. I have never met a woman like her."

Her father sighed and closed his eyes taking a few deep breathes. "Very well, if you claim to love her then ask her to marry you. We will see at the altar if your love for her is genuine."

I felt another rise of anger. He was only giving me his blessing because he wanted to prove Daenerys wrong. He was hoping I would leave her at the altar.

Angrily I nodded and left their house. Daenerys deserved so much. It angered me that her dad acted this way.

Once I arrived home I didn't get off the car instead I felt tears slip from my eyes. I cried out in frustration. I knew how much this would hurt Daenerys.

I could keep it from her and tell her that her father had agreed because he saw my pure intentions. That would be lying to her and I can't lie to her.

I would have to find a way to tell her the truth without hurting her. I just hope she won't get mad at me.