Chapter 3: Liar

Nathaniel POV

"There is a fight at the Movie theatre located on William Street" my partner Dave said.

"Lets go" I took of driving.

"Did you get any information on who was fighting?" I asked.

"Yeah, they said it was high school or college students"

I shook my head, "They should focus on studying not starting rights in public places."

"Says the one who got into multiple fights in his teenage years."

"It was a phase" I said defensively.

"Sure it was"

We arrived at the same time as another set of officers. We rushed in and the crowd that had formed separated to let us through. Dave and I separated two girls as the other separated the other two girls that had been fighting. As we escorted them to the car I noticed the girl with the other officers seemed familiar.

I drove to the station and put the girls in holding cells.

"We will take care of it" I heard Dave say as the police officers nodded and headed to patrol.

I sat on my desk and sighed. Dave came and sat besides me.

"I'm going to go and ask for their names so we can get their statements."

I nodded and saw him walk off. After a few minutes he came back.

"Nate, you won't believe who one of the girls is" he said excitedly.

"Why would I care?" I asked.

"Once you know who it is, you will." He teased annoying me.

"Just tell me who it is" I snapped.

"The girl who..." he paused for a second and leaned closer whispering the next words, "crashed into us."

My head snapped up to see him with a stupid satisfied grin. "Daenerys?"

"Yeah"

For some reason I had struggled to get her out of my head ever since she crashed into me. If it would've been anybody else I would've reported the incident but for some reason when I saw her I just wasn't able to. For a moment I was really close to asking her for her number, but I backed out last minute. Then she said I would never see her again and decided to just leave it at that. I figured that if I'm meant to see her again it would happen naturally.

"I'll get her statement" I stated getting up from my chair.

Dany POV

"I thought you said I would never see you again" Nate said as he crossed his arms over his chest.

I smiled innocently, "Surprise?" Really? Surprise? That was the best I could come up with. He is a complete stranger and I decided to say that. What is wrong with me?

I looked back at Mia and saw a questioning look on her face. I mouthed 'later' and she gave me a slow nod.

I turned to look at Nate who shook his head and opened the cell door. "I need to ask you a few questions. Follow me."

We stopped at a desk, which I assume is his, and he motioned for me to take a seat.

"State your full name"

"Daenerys Thea Abele"

"Birthday"

"June 4th, 2000"

"Tell me what happened at the movie theatre from the beginning."

"Can I ask a few questions first?"

Nate looked away from his computer and looked at me. We stared at each other for a few seconds neither of us saying anything.

Nate spoke up breaking the silence, "I'm waiting for you to ask your questions."

Ohh, I'm really slow. "Right, umm... Do I need a lawyer?"

He raised an eyebrow and leaned forward, "Did you do something wrong?"

I leaned forward, "I mean not really."

He leaned forward even more, "Hmm it seems to be you feel guilty about something."

I leaned in a bit more, "What makes you say that?" A small smile played on my lips as I looked into his eyes. His eyes held a mischievous gleam that made me wonder what exactly was going through his head.

"Dany" a voice snapped me out of my thoughts. I turned to find Mia's bother standing there. When I turned back to look at Nate I realized how close we actually were. I leaned back into the chair creating distance between us.

"Dylan" I smiled. He smiled back and then turned to look at Nate.

"Officer Barone" he greeted.

Nate stood up and shook Dylan's hand. "Prosecutor Diaz."

"I'm here to solve the problem my sister has caused. May I know the situation?"

"Your sister is.." Nate's voice trailed off as his gaze shifted to me.

Dylan chuckled, "No, she is my sisters best friend. My sister is the girl Dany came with, Mia."

"Officer Jake, will you please escort the lady back to her cell."

The officer escorted me back into the cell. Mia then proceeded to bomber me with questions. After I explained to her who Nate was and that Dylan had come to get us out she finally stopped talking.

"I mean that officer is fine" Mia said.

I gave her a look, "He is like way older than us."

"He is not, its just that you look awfully young. You could pass for a 15 year old."

I didn't say anything back because I knew she was right. I looked younger than I actually was.

After a while Nate came and opened the cell.

"Mia Diaz and Daenerys Thea Abele you are free to go" Nate opened the cell door. Mia immediately jumped up and rushed out the cell. I was more calm walking out.

"Liar" he whispered as I walked past him.

I turned to him, "How am I a liar?"

He tilted his head slightly and leaned forward, "You said I would never see you again."

I then recalled the words I had told him that snowy day.

"It wasn't on purpose"

"If it happens a third time I might think it is on purpose" he smirked and leaned away from me.

I could feel cockiness radiating off him and that irritated me. So I didn't stop the words that left my mouth, "Trust me, it won't happen ever again."