Chapter 32: Family Secrets

A knock on the door startled me. I finished braiding my hair and made my way to open the door.

I came face to face with Nathaniel. He smiled, "may I come in?"

"Of course" I moved to the side letting him in. He sat at the edge of the bed and I followed stopping in front of him.

For a moment he stared at me. Looking me up and down. I suddenly found myself conscious of what I was wearing. My looney toons shirt and lose shirts made me look bummy.

He cleared his throat, "I'm sorry. I came here to talk about what happened earlier."

I sat besides him placing my hand on his. "You don't have to explain anything if you don't want to."

He took my hand in his, "I want to. You're going to be my family now and I want you to know everything. You need to know what crazy family I come from before you say I do at the altar."

"Then I'll listen. But nothing you say will make me change my mind."

He smiled, "I know it won't. But I still want you to know. I want you to know everything there is to know about me."

"Then I'll listen"

He sighed, "where to start. My mom and dad loved each other a lot. They were madly in love. My dad wanted nothing to do with my grandpa. My grandpa was rich but my dad didn't like the style of life my grandpa had. He cheated on my grandma and would treat her horrible. He believed money could buy anything. They fell out of touch. Years later my grandpa died and my dad was forced to take over as my grandpas only heir. When my dad took over I was still not born. My brother Noah was 5 and North was 3. My dad worked a lot and stayed out late. My mom and dad started drifting away but then a miracle happened. My mom got pregnant with Narcissus and then me. Everything seemed to be getting better. But then they drifted away again. My dad worked late barely spent time with us. He seemed to have become obsessed with power and money. My mother was the same way. She begun to pressure us into appearing to be this perfect family. Then when found out my dad got another women pregnant. My mother was pissed but that is when we also found out that my mother had cheated on our father first. She actually had a hidden lover. A man that was ten years younger than her. My mother paid off Nells mother. To the public Roxane Barone was pregnant and resting due to her high risk pregnancy. But behind closed doors her and my dad were constantly at each other's throats. Nells mother lived with us until Nell was born. Afterwards she left without a word. The house followed the same routine pretending to be a perfect fmaily to the public eye while inside the house our parents ignored each other each having an affair. While my siblings and I were left alone. Noah took care of all of us. He did his best to play with us and make sure we felt loved. Later on Nick was born and we continued the same routine. As we grew older the only ones we relied on were each other but my mother began to have an influence over us making us drift away and then we discovered that Narcissus was not my fathers son. That was a hard blow for all of us especially him. After that my father and mother seemed to make up. How? I don't know but they stopped cheating. They tried to get us all to come together again but it wasn't possible anymore. We were tired of their bull sh*t. We all went our separate ways."

I stayed silent. What was I suppose to say?  So instead of saying anything I leaned my head on his shoulder and intertwined our hands. I rested out hands on my lap pulling his arm to my chest hugging his arm. I felt him place a kiss on the top of my head.

"I love you"

I smiled raising my head to see him, "I love you too."