Chapter 9: Oh Brother

Dany POV

"Easy, right!" Nick exclaimed happily as he finished exposing all the details about the job.

"Yeah, it's everything I already do"

Nick nodded excitedly, "you won't regret it."

"I don't think so either" I agreed.

"He said you can start tomorrow. I will take you there so you can meet him personally."

Suddenly an obvious question popped into my head, "what is his name?"

"Oh yeah, his name is Elijah"

"Elijah, that's a nice name" I said being reminded of The Originals.

Nick gave me a suggestive look making me roll my eyes, " I'm warming you beforehand don't fall for him. He isn't your type."

"What exactly is my type?"

"Your type are guys like Mark. The jerk kind." I punched his arm and he laughed. "Elijah is a nice guy with excellent family genetics, but he has other goals"

"Dude, I only complimented his name. That doesn't mean I'm going to automatically fall for him."

"You're right" Nick agreed. "I have to go meet up with Mia."

"I thought you were avoiding her"

"I was but she called and said she needed help with some homework"

"Why didn't she call me?" I asked pouting slightly.

"She said something about today being a special day for you"

A special day? My eyes widened as I recalled what day it was.

"Omg! Yes it is!"

"I'll take my leave, it appears you're running late."

"Bye Nick I'll see you tomorrow, thanks for the job"

"Bye Dany"

I hurried and grabbed my bag and keys. How could I forget today? I drove like a maniac till I arrived at the place.

As I ran through the grass from a distance I saw my older sister Lotus.

"Lotus!" I yelled.

"Dany" Lotus embraced me in a hug. "My sister."

"I'm so sorry. I'm late."

"Hey, don't be sorry. It's good, it means you're healing."

I looked at Lotus and then down towards the grass. "Is it really okay?"

Lotus turned to look at the spot I was staring at. She intertwined our arms and leaned her head on my shoulder.

"It really is"

I looked down at the tombstone where Mykel's body was.

Lotus and I stayed the whole evening as we did every year on that same day.

"I have to head back, Alex is waiting for me."

I made a face at his mention, "fine, come visit me more often. I miss you a lot."

"I miss you too, I love you"

"I love you too"

We hugged tightly and I walked her to her car. I saw as she drove off.

Sighing I went back home. As I went inside the house I realized how lonely it was. All the lights were turned off and there was no sound.

That night I went to sleep with a lump in my throat.