Chapter 14: Family

Dany's POV

Throughout life everyone has different family experiences. I had a good childhood. A childhood full of laughs, joy, happiness, and love. But one day it all came to an end. Sometimes bad things have to happen for us to appreciate the good. But why is it that I still haven't been able to have anything good.

The doorbell rang making me crawl out of my depressive state. It's not my fault though I blame the time of the month for having me be so emotional.

I opened the door just to come face to face with Mark.

"Can I come in?" He asked before I could ask why he was here.

I opened the door wider and let him get through. He walked past me and looked me up and down.

"It's weird seeing you like this. You're usually always dressed nicely."

He was right most of the time I was dressed up but today I just wanted to lay down and listen to sad songs.

"Yeah, I didn't feel like getting ready today." I replied.

"I came to apologize. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said what I said that day. I didn't mean any of it."

I gave him a small smile, "thank you for apologizing Mark."

"I hope we can get our friendship back some day."

"Maybe one day, for now I think we need space." I replied.

"Once again I'm sorry. I really am Dany."

I sighed and forced myself to smile to make him feel better, "I know you are."

"I'm going now, bye Dany."

"By Mark" I said and closed the door.

My phone rang and I ran upstairs to answer it.

"Officer" I greeted.

"Daenerys" he greeted back.

"What is the reason behind a call on the weekend?" I asked.

"I was hoping you could come to work today, it's fine if you can't I know it's a late notice."

Hmm, I could lay in bed and be depressed all day or go to work and make extra money and see my handsome police officer.

"Okay, at what time should I go?"

"As soon as you can" he replied.

"Okay, I'll be there in 30 minutes."

We hung up and I quickly took out an outfit. I grabbed a pair of black jeans and a cropped tshirt. I through a sweater on since it was pretty chilly. This outfits is different from what I usually wear but I didn't really feel like dressing up today.

 This outfits is different from what I usually wear but I didn't really feel like dressing up today

I put my hair in a ponytail and didn't bother doing my makeup at all.

I arrived to Nathaniels house right at the time I had said. I knocked on the door even though I had the key since this time I knew he was here.