Chapter 10: The Girl

Nathaniel POV

"Wait a minute" Nick said as he pulled me to the side. He signaled for me to follow him.

I turned towards Daenerys who was looking through the kitchen.

"Excuse us for a minute" I said, Daenerys nodded her head lightly before returning to what she was doing.

"What now Nick?" I asked as soon as we were far enough for Daenerys not to hear.

"Dany is the girl, isn't she?"

"The girl?" I questioned confused.

"The one you told me about the other day"

I was brought back to the day I had seen Daenerys at the party.

"That girl really is something else"

"Who?" My younger brother Nick asked as he walked into my house as if he owned it.

"What are you doing here?"

"I came to visit my older brother because I missed him" Nick said as he gave me puppy dog eyes.

I laughed at my younger brothers attempt at acting cute.

"So who is the girl?" Nick asked once again.

"It's a girl that has your brother questioning everything" my partner said.

"Who? How come you haven't told me about her?" My brother begun bombering me with questions about the mystery girl.

"Because I didn't think I would see her again" I said sincerely. I really didn't think I would see her again.

"And you saw her again?" Nick asked. I nodded as I looked up to the ceiling. "And what are you waiting for to go after her?"

As I heard those words leave my little brothers mouth it got my mind thinking even more. What was I waiting for? I could get to know her more if I went after her. I could be her friend. It was too soon to think of being something else since I barely knew the girl. Daenerys had immediately grabbed my attention when I met her. Her crashing a police car certaintly made her more memorable. She just had a really nice energy around her. It made me want to get to know her more.

"You're right, I made up my mind. I'm going to go after her."

Snapping back to reality I replied to my waiting brother, "Yes, Daenerys is that girl."

Nick whistled, "oh brother."

I sighed a bit flustered, "Uh, yeah."

"Well first you have to get rid of that guy Mark"

"The one that is your friend"

"First of all he is not my friend, I'm not friends with jerks. Second Dany deserves better, actually any girl deserves better."

"I want to get to know Daenerys as a friend. If later on it were to be something else I would want it to be because we both want it. Besides I'm sure Daenerys herself will realize she deserves better than a guy like him."

"Good luck then. I'm rooting for you my dear brother"

I glared at him as he walked of to where Daenerys was.