Chapter 25: Family

"We should talk. All of us" My father said as he stepped inside the room. I nodded and held Lotus hand. I gave her a reassuring smile.

We sat in front of our parents. My dad seemed to contemplate what to say.

Finally he spoke, "I realize we haven't been around you two much since what happened. The fact that both of you are the way you are now lies on us. It is our fault."

Lotus gave out a sarcastic chuckle, "so you're saying that the way we are now is bad?"

"Of course it is. My eldest daughter is going to be a single mother. While my youngest daughter is off dating someone way older than her. I didn't raise you two to be with whoever came at you!"

I shook my head as my tears fell. His words stung deep. I tried to understand him and put myself in his position. He is my dad and I shouldn't judge the way he thinks but it is becoming so hard.

"You have no right" my voice came out steady and low.

Everyone stopped arguing and Lotus looked at me with shocked eyes.

I shook my head once again, "you and mom were barely here for us after our brother died. We did the best we could. We knew we had lost him and we were hurting but we didn't think we would lose our parents too. You know you still had us and yet you left us all alone. Lotus and I are wonderful girls. The fact that our decisions haven't been the best doesn't change that. But you have no right to judge them when you weren't here to help guide us. My relationship with Nathaniel is pure and wholesome. I love him and I trust him. He has never asked anything off me. He is actually very lenient and understanding but of course you wouldn't know that since neither of you have been present in our lives."

"Dany..." my mother said as she tried to get a hold of my hand.

I took a step back pulling my hand away from her, "I love you both and I'm sorry for being disrespectful right now but I really don't want to see you."

I grabbed my car keys and headed out not daring to look back and break down in front of them.

I drove and ended up in front of Nathaniels house. I got out and knocked on his door. A sleepy Nathaniel opened the door.

"Daenerys?"

"Can I come in?"

"Uh yeah," he moved to the side, "come in."

I stepped inside and before he could say anything I wrapped my arms around him. He froze for a moment but quickly hugged me back. He didn't ask anything and simply held me. He ran his hand down my hair and rubbed my back softly allowing me to cry on his chest.

After a while the tears stopped. He gave me water and my favorite candy that he had for whenever I went to clean his house.

I smiled as I took the candy from him and ate it. He wiped my cheek with his thumb and smiled as I gave him a smile.

"You look beautiful" I nearly choked on the candy from his sudden comment.

I shook my head with a smile and blush on my face. I focused on finishing my candy.

"Can I stay the night?" I asked suddenly making him choke on his saliva.

He got in a coughing fit and I offered him some of my water which he gladly took.

"What?" He asked unsure.

"Can I stay for the night?" I asked again this time looking away shyly.

"Daenerys, I would love for you to. But I don't believe it would be appropriate considering how things are with your parents. I don't want to give them more reasons to disapprove of me. I know it's important to you what they think of our relationship."

I kind of expected that reply. I just felt the need to ask just in case. I really didn't want to go home.

"If you want I can drive you to Mia's house and I'll let your parents know you are staying at her house for the night."

I nodded agreeing. He drove me to Mia's house in his car and left mine at his house.

He walked me to the door and he stopped me before I went in.

"Everything will get better and once it does I'll finally be able to ask you."

I leaned my head to the side looking at him confused, "ask me what?"

He smiled lovingly at me, "ask you if you would do me the honor of becoming my wife."