Chapter 6: Spring Semester

Dany POV

I woke feeling motivated. Today was a brand new day. Today was the first day of my second semester in college. My first semester went by pretty good. Mia and I learned to adapt to the fast pace courses. Now it was time to go at it again. A lot of people say your second semester is the hardest.

I went through my morning routine as usual. First I went to the bathroom and did my business. Then I brushed my teeth and face. Lastly I scanned my closet for possible outfits. I settled for a patterned skirt and a light pink shirt.

I rushed downstairs and made myself and omelet

I rushed downstairs and made myself and omelet. I served my orange juice. I had to have orange juice every morning if not I would have trouble digesting throughout the day. Once I finished eating I placed the dished in the sink and washed them. I hated leaving dirty dishes behind. I had to leave everything clean before I left home. I liked the feeling coming home to a clean house. It brought a sense of peace.

I hurried upstairs and grabbed my coat from the hanger and my backpack. I made sure to lock the door as I exited my house.

"Good morning my beautiful friend" Mia greeted as I approached her. She had her head leaning against the glass window as she spared me a glance.

"Good morning" I smiled.

She placed the book she had been reading down and straightened her posture. She then eyed me. She started pouting, "How do you always dress so cute?"

I took a seat in front of her, " I offered to dress you up and you declined."

She sighed, "I don't think I could pull it off. You have that pretty sweet girl vibe. I have a more cold crazy vibe."

I laughed, " You do not. I would have gone with a new look that you felt comfortable with."

"Hmm maybe it is time for a change. Later I will let you give me a make over."

"I do regret wearing this today" I confessed.

"Why? It's cute."

"It might be cute but I'm going to be freezing on my way to classes"

She scanned my outfit once again, "You should have worn leggings underneath your skirt."

"I thought about it but it would have ruined the outfit"

Mia shook her head, "Well you can always ask Mark to warm you up. Wait. Have you even talked to him? You didn't mention him at all during break."

I had kind of forgotten about Mark. Mostly due to the fact that he had not messaged me once throughout break. And also because of a certain officer that was stuck in my head.

"He never texted me."

"But I thought you guys were talking"

Talking, such a strange word that our generation seemed to get used to. I strongly disliked that word.

"I did too but I don't know what to expect from him. I should probably not expect much."

"Don't worry you always have that cute police officer" She winked at the end of her sentence.

I threw my head back and laughed, "You're right. We can always try to get arrested again."

"See, that's the spirit."

I shook my head while a smile remained on my face. I hadn't seen Nate in since the last time we got detained, which was about two weeks ago.

"I'm glad my feelings for Mark aren't that deep. If not it would really hurt to see him today."

"I don't understand why he didn't contact you at all. He seemed really into you."

"I'm starting to learn that you can't really expect much from guys our age."

Mia nodded silently agreeing. At the end of our classes we met up with a group of friends.

"On Friday there is going to be a get together at Andy's house" Sofia informed the group.

I drifted towards the back letting Mia get all the information. Suddenly I felt someone besides me.

I looked sideways and saw a tall figure. My heart skipped a beat as I realized who it was. Never mind I think my feelings for him just came back. 

"Hey" Mark said.

"Hi" I replied and looked back down.

"I'm sorry I didn't contact you during break. I was busy with my family."

I made the mistake every girl makes when in this situation, "Its okay. I get it."

He smiled and pulled me in for a hug, "I missed you."

I sighed and hugged him back. I know I shouldn't forgive him this easily but this is the problem when it comes to being on 'talking' terms. I'm not his girlfriend so he techinically has no obligation to talk to me.

"I missed you too" I replied.

"Let me pick you up this Friday for the get together" he said.

"I think Mia wants us to go together."

"I'll ask her for permission to let me steal you away from her."

"I don't know Mark."

His hand slip down my arm and he held my hand lightly making my stomach do multiple turns. "Please."

I smiled lightly and nodded giving into him

I smiled lightly and nodded giving into him. A part of me hated myself being easily convinced. I couldn't deny the fact that I liked him.