Chapter 34: Mother

I was unsure of how I would face Nathaniel after the intense dream I had last night. I had never had that type of dream.

Nathaniel and I had yet to even kiss and I was over here having erotic dreams. I felt so embarrassed. I was acting like a hormonal teenager.

I tried to control my facial expression as Nathaniel emerged from his room. Once his eyes landed on me a smile became evident on his features. His light brown eyes seemed to shine even brighter.

I felt all my worries go away as I saw his smile. I smiled and looked down before looking back at him.

He came to a stop in front of me, "good morning Daenerys."

"Good morning, Officer Barone."

His eyes wandered from my face to my hair down to my dress. I was wearing a light pink dress and my hair was half up with a bow holding it.

His hand reached up touching the top of my head softly

His hand reached up touching the top of my head softly. His eyes looked down to my eyes. "How did I get so lucky?"

I knew he could tell by my eyes just how much I love him. "I'm the lucky one."

"I think that's up for debate." He took my hand in his not giving me a chance to argue.

We walked to the dinner table where all of his other family were beginning to get seated. Nell sat across from me. Nathaniel sat next to me, Narcissus and Nick at either side of Nell. Roxane and Maximillian sat at opposite ends of the table. North and Noah were the only ones missing.

"Let's begin eating" Maximillian said.

We were eating in silence till Nell broke it, "Elijah, I'm taking Nell out today. You can go and catch up with our brothers."

"Yeah, we can have your bachelor party before you leave. Which reminds me do you guys have a wedding date in mind yet?" Narcissus asked.

Nathaniel and I exchanged looks. We had talked a bit about it but hand officially set a date.

Nathaniel understand my look answered for us, "we have discussed it and have been thinking of holding the wedding most likely around December when her fall semester is over or in two months before her fall semester starts. But we have yet to set an oficial date."

Roxanne cleared her throat placing her glass down, "quite a rush you two are in. Is there something you haven't told us Elijah? Like a potential pregnancy."

"I can assure you I'm not pregnant." I answered before Nathaniel could snap at his mother.

She raised a perfectly shaped eyebrow, "so you don't plan on giving Elijah children. He has always wanted a big family. Such a shame he decided to settle for a women who doesn't want children."

I hid my anger with a smile, "I do want children but I'm currently not pregnant. I've always believed on waiting until marriage."

Nathaniels mother let out a laugh, "as if girls now a days believe in that. You're cute trying to fool us."

"Mother, could we have a word please." Nathaniel said grabbing his napkin from his lap and placing it on the table.

"Elijah there is no need for that, whatever you need to say, say it here in front of everyone."

"Are you sure that's what you want?"

"Yes, Elijah."

"If it's what you want." Nathaniel paused before continuing to speak, "I will not tolerate you disrespecting Daenerys. I want this to be the last time you ever say anything foul against her. If not you will feel my wrath, mother."

"Are you being serious Elijah? I am your mother. I'm only looking after you. Would you really chose her over your own mother?"

"This is exactly the reason I left. You could never respect my choices."

"Because you always chose wrong. Look at who you chose before. A women who ended up leaving you months before the wedding. You don't know how to chose girls Elijah. None of my children know. Look at Noah, the girl he insisted on marrying divorced him later on and took half of his money."

Narcissus slammed his knife down on the plate, "you know that's not true. She didn't ask for anything. Noah insisted on giving her that. And everyone here knows you played a big role on them divorcing. So don't try to paint Defne as the bad guy."

"Gosh, she even brainwashed you. None of you know how to chose a decent girl. That's why I need to look after all of you and keep gold diggers like Defne and this girl here away."

Nathaniels abrupt movement caused the chair to make a screeching noise as it scraped against the wooden floor.

"Enough!" Maximillians voice boomed before Nathaniel could say anything. "Nathaniel sit down."

Nathaniel grabbed the chair sitting down. I held his hand under the table trying to ease the tension on his body.

"Roxanne, you will respect Nathaniels fiancé. If he chose to marry Daenerys that's his choice. She hasn't done anything to make you believe she isn't worth him so stop with your idiotic behavior." Maximillian turned his attention to me, "please excuse my wife's behavior. I apologize on her behalf. We look forward to you becoming a part of the family. I hope you will bring Nathaniel closer to us. This is the first time he has come to visit us in years and that is thanks to you. Please continue to be of happiness to my son."

Breakfast ended when Maximillian excused himself to go work. Nathaniel accompanied me to get my purse so I could leave with Nell.

"I'm truly sorry, Daenerys."

I smiled, "you have nothing to be sorry for."

His thumb brushed my cheek, "I'm seriously the luckiest man alive. To have a women like you. I love you and I promise I will cherish you my whole life."

"I love you too but if I don't get going Nell will throw a fit."

Nathaniel laughed nodding. He moved to the side allowing me to go.