Chapter 28

After some calming down from Damon, you finally stayed still in his arms as he hugged your figure silently with care.

Damon looked down at you in his arms with slight worry, his voice soft as he asked " y/n are you alright?"

You stayed silent for a bit before finally answering with a nod to him.

Keeping his arms still wrapped around you, Damon sighed helplessly
"Sorry " He apologized seriously looking down into your eyes.

"What for?" You finally spoke, voice a whisper.

"For keeping the picture " He grumbled embarrassed to admit it.

"Damon, it not that" you shook you head to prove your point.

Damon looked confused at your words so you further explained
"Its just ...just the...guilt " you whispered the last word so quitely that it suprised you when he actually heard it.

Damon's eyes frowned, his demeanor changing to frustration, regret and even more helplessness.
"Y/n, I already told you that it wasn't your fault. you know it wasn't your fault " He stated ,his hand comferting your arms with light pats.

"But but-" you stuttered only to have him cut you off by placing a soft kiss to your forehead.

Suprised you stilled processing what happened than flushed bright as his pink cheeks at the current moment.
Slapping his chest lightly ,you exclaimed "what was that?" Looking at him as if he had gone crazy.

" Y/n " He muttered your name so lovingly with adoration,taking your hands into his, He stared at you with pink cheeks a loving expression on his face as he leaned towards your frozen figure,watching him move with wide but curious eyes. Both you hearts were beating a marathon though the both of you didn't know it.

In your heart you truly wished he would continue staring at you with so much love as he once had in the childhood. Truly you wished he could love you instead of her but there was always a but hanging in your head with so many other possibilities of failure.

"Stop" you breathed out even though you didn't want to making Damon's eyes flash with hurt at your rejection.

"Y/n, you don't mean that" He gently replied seeing through your soul as you were in a turmoil in the inside.

Not having the courage to answer his words you leaned back falling into the mattress,turning sideways, you covered your head with your arms.

Damon breathed,it was again like before so much similar yet so different but this time he wouldn't give up, he couldn't not after losing you before.

Hovering over your figure Damon placed his hands beside your shielded head looking down at you with desperation.

"Y/n please"

"Please"

He pleaded making you tighten your arms around your head as you could feel him hovering over you.

" what happened than wasn't your fault, it was all mine only if I hadn't done that maybe we would still be okay maybe we would still be ......
in love " Damon spoke the words out for the first time since than and it finally dawned on him as tears slid down his face dropping into your arms.

Suprised at the feeling of tear drops on your arms, you quickly pulled your arms away, eyes meeting teary blue ones that were always so sharp now looking down at you with so much regret,desperation and love.

Two tears droped on your cheeks as Damon above you tried to hold it in as much as he can.

"I'm sorry" his broken voice send a price through your heart.

Lifting your hands up,you gently wiped Damon's eyes causing him to flinch slightly as he closed his eyes leaning into your touch but it only seemed to cause more tears to fall.

Damon's heart weaverd at your actions, Butterflies filling his gut as he melted into your affection, his adoration and love for you growing even more if possible.

"Why are you sorry?" You asked more firmly now, staring at him with care and love while being strong. At times like this you were when you would be able to see the old Damon again,at times like this was when you knew no wanted to be stronge to protect your loved ones.

Damon broke down at your firm words, you were always strong and supportive to finally be able to communicate with you ,he finally let everything out.
" I'm sorry for what happened in the past, sorry for leaving you,sorry for breaking my promise, sorry for pushing you away, sorry for liking someone else when you were there,when all I need was you and I'm really sorry for hurting you" He spoke roughly, eyes still tearing up as he caressed your cheek where you had been wearing the square band aid a few days ago. "I'm so sorry y/n " He concluded kissing your forehead watching as tears slipped down your cheeks from your own eyes, a wobbly smile forming on your lips.

"Damon"

"Y/n "

"I still love you" both of your voices collided with eachother but noth of your heard it clearly.