Chapter 9

The silence in the student council room wasn't comfortable. Three main captains of the teams divided from the student council members having already came and flee not even staying in the room for an extra second at the deadly silence.

'Should I talk first?' Your mind wondered working through the papers on the secretary desk right beside Damons.

"How was your morning? Damon's deep yet pleasant voice asked you out of no where making you blurt out a response.

"Great" your voice cracked lowly at the last alphabet the pen in your hand almost slipping."How was yours?" You asked back after a few minutes recovering from your embarrassment.

"It was well" He said it so simply so casually that you couldn't help but get irritated inside face neutral but fingers griping the pen and not writing any longer.

"Don't lie, you had spend the moring with Tere it must have been great " you told him matter of factly continuing to write again.

Damon had noticed your sudden stop at writing after you had heard his words making the end of his lips tilt up.

Blue eyes of his seem to shine unknowingly,his insides getting excited without reason unnoticed as he was too busy replying to you to notice.

"It was" He nodded placing his pen away and leaning on his palm,eyes trained on you.

Slowly after you didn't give a response to him he added "she was a but talkative"

"Oh I bet you knew that way before already" your voice held playfulness while replying to him eyes still not looking up from the un-finished paper.

"Don't mock me" Damon snarled viscously voice a whisper though it didn't make it sound any less threatening.

"Sorry...."you replied eyes dulling, would he have said those words to her? The thought came suddenly making you feel mixed emotions that seem to make your eyes even more blank.

"Look at me Y/n" Damon ordered his voice still dangerous as he stood up from his desk leaning towards you.

You looked up obediently into his eyes soulless making him tch.
"What's that? I did as you told" you metioned to his tch,eyes turning back to normal with a smile.

"Get over it" He barked angerly at you not knowing why he was getting harsher not realizing the very deep deep hidden guilt he was feeling for what he did to you.

"I don't want to get over it" you frowned voice cold much colder than nor you or Damon had ever heard.

A minute went by after your words as a slap resounded into the empty room soon followed by a shocked silence.

You lips quivered slowly bringing your right hand up to your stinging cheek looking back at him with shocked eyes that in a second turned normal but filled with hurt and nostalgia.

Standing up away from him you tried to say something but nothing came out so you left without any words dashing out the doors covering your eyes while your right hand covered your stinging cheek.

Damon watched himself shocked looking at him hands again getting even more shocked to see a thin layer of blood on his finger and palm,he slowly nervously tried to smear the blood off hoping that it was coming from a cut on his hand but no cut lied on his perfectly smooth hand ,he felt a sickening feeling which he usually craves but now it was sickeningly painfully clunching everything inside him with sheer emotions as he realized that it was your blood instead.