Chapter 20

You follow Nat into the hospital room and there you see Steve and and he seems upset but you get closer to the window and see Nick Fury.

Y/n: "What happened?"
Steve: "He's been shot"
Y/n: "He's gonna make it right?"
Steve: "I hope so."
Natasha: "Tell me about the shooter."
Steve: "He's fast and strong. Had a metal arm."

Agent Hill walks in.

Natasha: "Ballistics?"
Agent Hill: "Three slugs, no riffling. Completely untraceable."
Natasha: "Soviet-made"
Agent Hill: "Yeah"

Then they all watch Fury's state deteriorates you see him slowly dying. You hear the doctors giving Fury multiple shocks. Suddenly you felt the room going quiet and Nat whispering to herself but you couldn't really hear her because you were watching Nick as he was dying but you wanted him make it. But Fury didn't make it and they cover his body in plastic and you all go to another room where they took him. Everything is pure silence you cry in silence and just felt the tears running down your face. You then walk out to leave Nat and Steve alone because it felt like they needed to talk and you just needed some time away. So you walk out and get something from the vending machine maybe it was a bag of chips or just a small candy bar but it didn't matter all that mattered was if you were really going to be okay. Everything happening so fast and it's not so easy walking away from the problem when it comes to you. Your job is this you can't go back. No school, no talking to friends your age, barley going out without some type of protection in case the problem decides to come right then and there. Steve says it's gonna be okay as long as he's there and Nat as well but what happens when they're not here anymore what happens when the Avengers aren't here anymore. What would happen? Will everything be on you or just disappear into dust. Were you really meant to be here?

Steve: "Y/n let's go"
Y/n: "Now?"
Rumlow: "Yes"
Y/n: "ok"

You follow Steve and Rumlow back to shield. He goes into Pierces office for a while as you stay out and wait for him to come out. Rumlow was about leave and it seems highly suspicious that he is hiding something from Steve.

Y/n: "Rumlow? What's going on?"
Rumlow: "You wouldn't understand." (walks away)

Steve comes out of Pierce's office. And you see Pierce look at you intensely as Steve walks toward you and shuts his office door.

Steve: "Y/n we have to go now."
Y/n: "Ok"

Y'all step in tho the elevator but then Rumlow also comes in with two STRIKE agents and you knew something was happening and going to happen and Steve knew as well. You make eye contact and he seemed like he was trying to tell you to go beside him so you did. Rumlow looks at you but, Steve noticed and made eye contact with Rumlow.

Rumlow: "Cap"
Steve: "Rumlow"
Rumlow: "Evidence Response found fibers on the roof they want us to see. You want me to get the tac-team ready?"
Steve: "No, let's wait and see what it is first."

Then a lot more strike agents come in and one of the agents touching his weapon weirdly, it's making you quite nervous. Steve then grabs your sleeve tightly so that no one notices and whispers to you....

Steve: "I need you to get out of here it gonna get real messy. Just stay away from everybody without being suspicious. Go to your mom's office if necessary I'll meet you up there, Now go."
Y/n: "Be careful"

As the elevator opens you get out and more strike agents come in. But you leave as it was nothing you get on another elevator back up to your mom's office and sit there going through her stuff. You then see some cute picture of you and your brother and your father. You really want to go see him but, you don't know where he is. Then you see a case file. It was called "The Winter Soldier" you start reading it and see that the winter soldier has been killing since way back and it's the same person who killed Fury but how could he still be alive. You then read the very last part of the file which was your mom's notes and it said ..."Once he killed he went back to frozen ice."Mom knew that he was frozen in ice but why so long you take the file.

Backat the Elevator with Steve
Steve was currently fighting all of the strike agents but then he hears a voice say in the back....

Rumlow to his earpiece: "Get the girl she's in her mom's office."

Steve then beats all the agents and he makes eye contact with Rumlow.

Rumlow: "Woah big guy. The girl gets in your way we'll just keep her in good hands... or in my hands" *smirks
Steve: "Don't you even talk about her she's like my daughter and I'll do anything to protect her so don't you dare try and touch her understand."
Rumlow: "I just want you know, Cap, this ain't personal."

Rumlow tries to attack Steve with his electric rod but Steve manages to defend himself and knocks Rumlow out."

Steve: "It kind of feels personal."

He opens the elevator but there are agents coming his way so he uses his shield to cut the wires and makes the elevator fall. He sees more strike agents he closes the door and looks for a way out but the only way out was the elevator glass window. He then jumps out and lands on the ground

Steve into his earpiece: "Y/n?"
Y/n: "Yeah?"
Steve: "Are you ok?"
Y/n: "Yeah why?"
Steve: "I need you to come out of the building and meet me here outside but stay away from the Strike agents."
Y/n: "Ok on my way."

Back to Y/n
You then take the file and put it in the bookbag you carry. You walk out of your mom's office and as your we're headed to an elevator you see strike agents coming so you leave and go the other way but there are strike agents that way too.

Strike Agent: "You can't run from us y/n might as well turn yourself in."

Y/n in your earpiece: "Steve there is strike agents both ways I can't get out of here."
Steve: "Go to the rooftop and lock the door so that they don't come up there with you."
Y/n: "Ok"

You run up the stairs and open the door up to the rooftop and lock it closed.

Y/n: "I'm up here now what do I do."
Steve: "Jump"
Y/n: "What, No! Are u crazy! I'll die if I jump off. I'm not like you I don't have strength I can easily die from jumping off.

You go to the edge of the roof and see Steve but it's too high and your scared this building is a lot taller then the other one you jumped when Loki was here. You then hear Agents trying to open the door and it seems like it working.