Chapter 69

1 Year Later

You go running to the hospital as quick as you can.
Y/n: "Where is he!!"
Doctor: "Ms. I need you to calm down and tell me who your coming to see"
Doctor: "What's his name?"
Y/n: "Steve Rogers..his name is Steve Rogers"
Doctor: "He's in room 205 on the right."

You take the elevator and anxiously bounce your leg but hold it together so your powers don't explode. You were hoping that he was ok the elevator opens and you run down the hall and see Sam and Bucky outside the door. Bucky and Sam look towards the window to tell you that he's in there. You can sense that Bucky and Sam are worried and scared like you. You enter the hospital room and see Steve laying there with oxygen tubes through his nose. You walk slowly towards him and grab his hand.

Y/n: "Dad? I'm here."
[steve's eyes open slowly]
Steve: "Y/n?"
Y/n: "Oh I thought I lost you."
Steve: "How could I go without having our last dance."
Y/n: "Dance? You can barley sit up straight we can't-
Steve: "Y/n I don't have much time to waist, so why don't you help your old man up to have one final dance with his daughter."

You look at him as he was right, you help him sit up straight and Bucky and Sam come in to help you. Steve looks at Bucky and Sam to play "(song title)" You grab onto Steve as he holds you. Your heart starts to race and you feel tears coming out.

Steve: "Don't cry dear everything will be just fine"
Y/n: "I can't"
Steve: "Do it for us."

You go through Steve's head one last time and he was referring to everyone you'd lost. He seems to be calm. This is the way he wants to die with the people he's close too by his side. You gather your emotions and tears and hold them into place.

Y/n: "Thanks for always being there for me dad."
Steve: "It was my pleasure to find such a great daughter and I know you'll do good deeds when I'm gone."
Y/n: "I will"
Steve: "Promise?"
Y/n: "I promise"

Steve's legs start to shake and he falls but you catch him. You start to panic and hands begin to shake. You see doctors rushing through the door. They take him from you and lay him down in his bed. He reaches out to your hand and you grab his.

Steve: "I love you"
Y/n: "I love you too dad"

You hear his heart rate slowly dying and his mind is slowly becoming blank you were the only thing on his mind. His memories start to leave one by one to a clear blank white space that turned pitch black. You start to tremble as the doctors are trying to help him. They move you out the way. Steve took his last-

Y/n: "NOO! LET ME SEE HIM PLEASE! DONT LEAVE ME HERE I NEED YOU DAD I NEED YOU."

You push the doctors out of the way but he was gone you see him lying there Bucky comes in to take you away. You start to scream and cry as doctors want you to leave but you don't want to Sam helps Bucky take you while you hit them and push them back but they end up taking you outside the room. Your back hits the wall and you fall against it with your cries and scream.

Bucky: "Y/n your going to be ok"
Y/n: "No I'm not, not without him. He was the only person who guided me through the right path." *cries nonstop

Bucky sits next to you on the ground and held you against his arms hugging you as you broke down your powers slowly losing control but you don't let them slip away. Sam and Bucky looked at each other not knowing what to do except tell you everything will be okay. After a few hours of trying to calm you down they drive you home. It was a silent ride. You get out the car and head to your room and sit down in disappointment and shock. As Sam was about to close the door-

Y/n: "Why does this keep happening to me?"
[Sam comes and sits next to you]
Sam: "Sometimes things are meant to happen but it will lead up to your future."
Y/n: "I just don't know what I'm going to do without him"
[Bucky standing in the doorway]
Bucky: "We don't know either."
[he sits on the other side of your bed]
Y/n: "So what now, whats gonna happen now that he's gone?"
[Bucky and Sam look at each other with no words]

They get up and you lay down in your bed as they tuck you in like a kid which felt nice.

Bucky: "Goodnight y/n"
Y/n: "Goodnight"

Your eyes begin to water and cry while all you could think of is Steve. You weren't ready to let go. You end up falling asleep.