Chapter 41

Steve: "Tony. Tony."
Y/n: "Mr.Stark?"
[Tony consumed with grief and tears glistening in his eyes he turns and looks at Steve.]
Tony: "Did you know?"
Steve: "I didn't know it was him."
Tony: "Don't bullshit me, Rogers! Did you know?"
Steve: "Yes."

Tony steps back, his chin jutting upwards twitchy. Tony reengages the Iron Man helmet. He punches Steve to the floor and deflects gunfire from Bucky, disarming him. he grabs Bucky and flies across the chamber. He slams him onto the floor, then you jump on Bucky to get him off Tony and Steve's shield hits Iron Man, distracting him. Steve barges him backwards, Iron Man shoulders him to the floor and shackles his ankles. Bucky punches Iron Man who just lifts him and slams him against a machine. Iron Man raises a fist but Bucky twists it. You pull Bucky's arm. A rocket shoots out of Iron Man's arm, a fireball explodes. Steve slices his shackles as a towering structure of pipework collapses. Tony and Bucky are thrown down a level as twisted metal falls around them, showering sparks.

Steve: [to Bucky] "Get out of here!"

As Bucky bolts Iron Man fires, but misses. Steve lands in front of him. Bucky hits a control panel and the silo-styled door overhead starts to open. You grab Bucky's hand and run but you all get closed in.

Steve: "It wasn't him, Tony. Hydra had control of his mind!"
Tony: "Move!"
Steve: "It wasn't him!"

Steve grabs Iron Man's ankle in mid air and smashes it. Iron Man blocks Steve by shooting down rubble, then falteringly flies up the tower.

FRIDAY: "Left boot jet failing. Flight systems compromised."
Tony: "Ah crap."

Above him Bucky leaps from platform to platform. With stuttering jets Iron Man gives chase, then kicks Bucky and takes aim, but the energy bold rebounds off Steve's shield onto himself. Iron Man drops like a stone and lands on a lower platform.

Steve: "He's not going to stop. Go. Y/n stay out of this!"

You set yourself aside and decide to go find Zemo as Iron Man soars upwards, Steve leaps and shoots a wire which wraps around Iron Man's neck and drags him back down. He deflects Steve's shield, then tries to target Bucky. You run outside to see T'Challa with Zemo you walk towards them.

T'Challa: "I almost killed the wrong man."
Y/n: "Almost"
Zemo: "Hardly an innocent one."
T'Challa: "This is all you wanted? To see them rip each other apart."
Y/n: "But why?"
Zemo: [Deletes the voice message] "My father lived outside the city. I thought we would be safe there. My son was excited. He could see the Iron Man from the car window. I told my wife, "Don't worry. They are fighting in the city. We're miles from harm." When the dust cleared . . . and the screaming stopped. It took me two days until I found their bodies. My father . . . still holding my wife and son in his arms. And the Avengers? They went home. I knew I couldn't kill them. More powerful men than me have tried. But, if I could get them to kill each other . . . I'm sorry about your father. He seemed a good man. With a dutiful son. And y/n?"
Y/n: "Yeah?"
Zemo: "They don't deserve you no one does your way to good to be on they're team"
Y/n: "Why's that?"
Zemo: "Your not fighting on either side are you?"
Y/n:...
T'Challa: "Vengeance has consumed you. It's consuming them."
[He blinks ruefully and retracts the claws in his gloves.]
T'Challa: "I am done letting it consume me. Justice will come soon enough."
Zemo: [Holding a gun Zemo smiles thinly.] "Tell that to the dead."
[He tries to shoot himself but T'Challa grabs him just as he fires.]
T'Challa: "The living are not done with you yet. Y/n I got this, you have to stop them from making a huge mistake"
Y/n: "On it"

You run back inside to see Bucky's ripped apart and Steve almost killing Tony. You run to Bucky and take your jacket off your suit and tie it as tight as possible where Bucky's arm ripped off. After that you run up and kick Steve off Tony. Steve stops in shock he gets up and leaves Tony on the ground stunned. He goes and pick up Bucky and tries to carry him.

Steve: "Let's go y/n"
Tony: "That shield doesn't belong to you."
[Steve turns his back.]
Tony: "You don't deserve it. My father made that shield!"

Steve stops, raises his chin, then drops the shield and walks away with Bucky's arm around his shoulder. You all leave except Tony. T'Challa takes Zemo to a cell and you, Steve, and Bucky go to Wakanda to keep him safe and safe from others.

Steve: "You sure about this?"
Bucky: "I can't trust my own mind. So, until they figure out how to get this stuff out of my head I think going back under is the best thing . . . for everybody."
Y/n: "Are you going to be ok?"
Bucky: "I am"
Bucky: "Y/n?"
Y/n: "Yeah"
Bucky: "We should leave things where they were."
Y/n: "Like break up?"
[he nods]
Bucky: "I just feel like we needed attention and we got it and I'm going to stay here in Wakanda I can't have you worrying about me so-
Y/n: "It's fine, your right. We're still friends though, right?"
Bucky: "Why shouldn't we"
[you smile]
Bucky: "Maybe when everything calms down you can show me the world"
Y/n: "Sounds like a plan"
Y/n: "I guess this is goodbye til next time"
Bucky: "We'll see each other again y/n don't worrry."
Y/n: "I'm sure we will"
[You give him a big hug and he goes back into cryo.]
[Steve stands staring through a window, T'Challa walks towards him.]
Steve: "Thank you for this."
T'Challa: "Your friend and my father, they were both victims. If I can help one of them find peace..."
Steve: "You know, If they find out he's here . . . they'll come for him."
T'Challa: "Let them try."
Steve: "We should get going then"
Y/n: "Yeah, thanks for the help"
T'Challa: "The pleasure was mine"

[You and Steve go outside and see Tony is in the jet waiting on you.]

Y/n: "I don't wanna stay with Mr.Stark I wanna come with you."
Steve: "I'm sorry but the government doesn't want you with me"
Y/n: "I know"
Steve: "I'm sure I'll be able to take you home with me soon."
Y/n: "Hopefully"
Steve: "I'm going to hide out with Nat, and Sam so they don't come and arrest us, once we get this figured out i promise I'll come back for you"
Y/n: "I know you will. Be careful"
Steve: "I will"
[you hug him tightly]
Y/n: "Bye dad"
Steve: "Bye sweetheart"

You leave and get into the jet with Mr.Stark. You sit down behind the pilot

Tony: "I'm sorry kid but it's for your best."
Y/n: "I know you meant no harm it's ok I just hope I get to see him again."
Tony: "You will"
Y/n: "I'm sorry that Bucky did that."
Tony: "It's not your fault or his I was just disappointed."
Y/n: "Yeah"

The rest of the ride was pretty quiet. As the ramp opens you get out the jet to Tony's house.

Tony: "Well I guess you'll be staying here."
Y/n: "With you?"
Tony: "Now don't scream."
Y/n: "I'll try not to"
Tony: "Pepper has set up a room for you."
Y/n: "Really?"
Tony: "Yeah she said she wanted you to feel as close to home as possible, you know how she is."
Y/n: "So if I'm not working with the Avengers what will I do."
Tony: "Your going to school"
Y/n: "But I haven't gone to school in two years"
Tony: "That's why you'll be going with Peter and your going to be in the same grade as him even if you haven't gone to school for two years."
Y/n: "How did you manage to get me to his grade?"
Tony: ....
Y/n: "Never mind"
Tony: "You'll start going to school next Monday I want you to settle in this week."
Y/n: "Thank you Mr.Stark."
Tony: "No problem kid"