six.

As the weeks went by, Esme's voice gradually returned. Thanks to Mr.Malfoy. He would come by her room each morning, staying for no more than ten minutes, then left with a quick goodbye. He stopped paying attention to her words, seeming distracted by other things. Sometimes he wouldn't even glance up at her, keeping his hard stare on the chessboard that divided them apart. She wondered if she had offended him with her words. Every night he would leave a sleeping draught by her bedside, and she would take it instantly, falling into a peaceful sleep without the interruptions of her nightmares. Scorpius began sleeping beside her. Each time he stayed, it became more natural to be in his arms. She found herself not wanting to pull away.

"I was wondering if you would be willing to accompany me to my father's charity event tonight?" Scorpius mumbled in her ear while wrapping an arm around her waist.

"I don't have a dress Scorpius."

The feeling of his hands wandering across her body sent a shiver down her spine. She was not used to being touched with care and compassion. She hadn't been treated like this in a while.

"Mara will bring you one."

He began peppering kisses along her jaw, she hummed in delight. "Mhmm."

"Is that a yes." His warm breath fanned her face, forcing her to turn over from her comfortable position. When she met his blue eyes, they were full of lust.

"Yes, when is it?"

"Tonight."

Esme lifted herself off the bed, pressing her lips against his cheek. He gently grabbed her wrist, pulling her body back down toward his, and then without notice, rolled his body so that it was hovering overtop hers.

"Scorp." She giggled, his hands begin caressing her waist.

"Your distracting me from my work.". 

She stilled as his fingers trailed further down her shirt, stopping at the waistband of her shorts. Her eyes snapped open, shoving his hands away. She was not ready for any sort of physical interaction, not today at least.

"I need to get ready."

"I'll come pick you up and we'll apparate straight to the ballroom."

He moved his lips towards hers, and she leaned in closer, closing the distance between them. She waited for a spark, any sort of ignition that would rush through her veins and inform her she felt something for him. In return, all she got was nothing. She felt nothing. There was an absence of fire running through her body as his lips moved against hers. The taste of blueberry filled her mouth as his tongue founds her, and she wanted to pull away in disgust. She hated blueberries. He knew this. She pulled away, smirking as he jumped off the bed.

"Work calls, see you later baby."

Esme smiled, waiting for him to leave the room, before letting out a strangled breath. She thought something wrong with her. There were no emotions involved in the kiss. It lacked passion and heat, there was no want for more. She wanted to truly devote herself to him, but it wasn't possible, with the absence of her emotions. She knew the two of them were sexually interactive before she got locked up and was confused more than ever as to why those old emotions were not willing to rise and return. Trying to come up with an excuse, she told herself it would all come back tonight at the charity event. She was hopeful.

"This dress is you." Mara screamed, waving it around in the air.

"Mar, put it down so I can see at least."