thirty-seven.

Epilogue

His soul was built into fragments of dark magic, enforced deeply into the pits of every vein. The crimson blood he bled was full of sin. He was ruined- marked lines of disaster evidently shown on the pale skin that reflected the beauty of the moonlight.

There was no lie; Draco Malfoy was tainted. His scars were painted by the hopelessness of evil. But then she came. She took the brushes, drawing strokes of delicacy to his ruin. She surrendered to his cold persona, becoming the saviour of his losses.

She found purity within the poison sweeping inside. She saw hope and found comfort in the one who desired to be alone. He was her ultimatum for a future of change. But their love could never last. They found familiarity between the brokenness of shattered glass splattered around them.

Instead of building up the fragile pieces, they left them. Together they found isolation within their own imprisonment—the two souls damaged beyond repair. The war altered who he was. There was no longer a motive to see their past selves- no. The two found comfort—the comfort of salivating the emptiness of being alone, together. 

Yin and Yang, complete opposites but divided unite as one.

Four Years Later

Esme's eyes are locked on her mind healing. She's somewhat mesmerized by the glow of Luna's blonde hair as it sprawl out in waves, passing the young woman's shoulders and down her back. She's wearing a polka dot shirt and a white top with an odd-looking cardigan. Then again she's come to love her mind healer's sense of style. It's unique, differentiating from what she's used to.

"Esme, you've been obliviated three times, and I'm afraid the only way to move forward is letting go. Instead of searching for your memories, You need to be okay with starting over."

Luna pauses, and Esme feels like she's not there. Her mind is wandering, and she's now suddenly supposed to decide the past couple of years of her life haven't been erased. Luckily her mind healer is patient- more than she deserves.

Breathing in, steadily she stares at the hourglass placed on the table directly in front of them. Her eyes flicker to the sand, and her brain is ticking down a countdown. Waiting for the final piece of sand to pass through the middle and settle against the bottom. When it does, she sits up straighter, rolling her shoulder back with a determined glint in her eyes.

"Okay, I'm ready to start over. But I want to take it slowly."

Luna nods dreamily, gazing at her with loving eyes. As they both stand up, a man with tanned skin and bushy brown hair bursts into the room. There's a bundle of roses in his arms, and his blue eyes lock on Luna's figure.

"Luna, we're running late to Draco's grave."

Luna's eyes immediately flicker to Esme's face. Her soft ocean-like eyes examine her features. Esme's eyebrows raise in confusion, "I'm sorry, who is Draco?"

Luna's gaze falls, and it's almost like an illusion the way they switch into an eerie sadness. Theo's head snaps to Esme.

"Oh sorry, I didn't mean to burst into the appointment." And then he sticks out his hand. "Theodore Nott," he says.

She gives him a warm smile, reaching out to shake it gently, "Esme Smith."

Like Luna's eyes, Theo's fill in pain and sorrow. It circles around the corners of his iris, and they fill with pity, almost like an unknown apology. He clears his throat, avoiding her eyes.

"Uh. He passed away four years ago today, actually."

"Oh. I was obliviated four years ago today."

Luna and Theo stare at each other, a look of agony now shared in the depths of their gazes.

"Did he like roses?" she questions in the hope to break the uncomfortable silence.

Luna's melodic voice echoes around the room, like notes of a piano- they flow passionately.

"The woman he was in love with did. He only spoke about those flowers."

Her heart sinks, and she's reminded of the hole in the centre of her brain. The one that's enveloping and seizing her memories.

A forbidden secret that's unwilling to be unlocked.

She can't even remember her favourite flower.

"I don't mean to be nosy at all, but I was wondering how your friend passed."

Theo's the one to speak now, "There was a poison curse in his veins. He didn't want anyone he cared about to see him die. The most selfish and selfless bastard."

Esme smiles softly, a painful sensation pounding at her heart, "I'm sorry for your loss."

He nods at her before glancing at Luna one last time and then walks out of the room.

"Thank you, Ms.Lovegood," Esme says as the time of their session has run out.

Silently Luna watches her figure move towards the room. As she reaches the door, Luna's soft voice rings in her ears.

"Esme, can I ask you a question?"

She turns back toward her mind healer, nodding slowly in confusion.

"What are your two favourite colours?"

It was at the expense of a lie—a deceitful conception of life.

She bloomed under the influence of the scorching sun, striving for perfection amongst those that lacked the integrity of morals. She was driven by passion, a flower unveiled amongst the brightest colours.

He was as dark as the night sky. Stars glistened as the moon's luminous reflected a single light passing through a soul of hidden ecstasy.

His existence plucked the petals of innocence her flower once held.

The darkest aspects of life were twisted into the fragment pieces he laid out for her.

An illusion that wrapped around them as the crimson-coloured roses fell. All that was once an apparent truth became an untold lie.

The abundance of emotions reenacted the unspoken words as if it was fragile glass.

But the shattered elements pieced together amidst catastrophe- Binding the lonely souls of two opposing forces to a world full of delusions.

A lie became a possession. A divine trait- that recoiled between the two.

He stained her innocence with sin.

The words escape her lips before she completely processes the question, "Grey and Silver."

Luna smiles knowingly as Esme turns and walks out of the room. 

The End