eighteen.

{warning: triggering language, blood, abuse, attempt of rape}

Esme sat on her bed- legs criss crossed, engrossed in her novel.

Her eyes unhurriedly moved along the lines as each word sucked her closer into her own little world. She felt slightly better from the previous day, but the cold sensation stuck inside her, moulding along the curves of her body. She got used to it as it calmed her each time the heat of her body would increase.

She was completely captivated by her book, unaware of the sound of her door opening.

When she did, she remained in place, ignoring it. It must be Mr.Malfoy. The door pushed open and she finally decided to look up. Her eyes widened in fear as she focused on Ethan and Claire walking towards her.

Esme pushed the book away from her grasp, moving back against the headboard to create as much space as she could. Her heart was thumping in her chest as Claire stalked closer, a sinister smile appearing over her lips. The kind lady she had seen a week ago was not her. It seemed Claire put up a facade in front of Mr.Malfoy, and he must have been oblivious to it.

She locked eyes with Ethan and felt her palms grow sweaty. Looking over at the balcony, Esme counted how long it would take to make a run for it without them catching her. But then again, she didn't have her wand or magic. She was magicless, and they weren't. They had their wands and magic, which would stop her in an instant.

"Ethan is your mind healer. Now take this potion, it will make you cooperate much easier." Claire's voice interrupted her thoughts.

Esme kept her eyes locked on the floor, refusing to meet the ghastly faces of the two individuals she detested more than anything else in the world. Just then, Ethan walked forward, grasping her chin tightly in his hold.

She squirmed, twisting her face to the side, but he didn't relent, only making his hold tighter. She could feel tears forming in the corners of her eyes, but instead of allowing him the pleasure of watching her cry, she pushed them back, glaring at him. Her hands rose, slapping his hand away from her face and then pushing him away. He stumbled slightly before his face twisted into a rage, eyes red as if it was the thunder before the storm would strike.

"Incarcerous", Claire muttered, annoyed at her actions. Two thick gold ropes appeared in her hand, and she pointed her wand towards Esme. She barely had time to blink as the ropes clasped around her wrists. And then down to her legs. She pulled away, resisting the tight restrainment, but the rope's sparked, digging blades into her skin. She yelled out in pain, staring up at the two.

"It cuts the more your pull." Ethan said. Before she could open her mouth, he lifted his wand mumbling, " Silencio".

Esme screamed, but no sound came out from her mouth. She twisted and turned, but the ropes around her wrist tightened again. Blood began to trickle out of her skin that was only recently healed. She held back a sob, praying Draco would come.

She knew he wouldn't.

He was busy at work.

He wouldn't be back until tonight.

"Now, let's see all those memories you've been hiding." Ethan sneered. He gave Claire a quick nod as she walked over, prying her jaw open and pouring the potion down her throat. It tasted like bitter grapes. She was about to gag it back up until she saw the look on Claire's face, and that seemed much more horrifying than anything else at the moment.

Mr.Malfoy trusted her, and she was betraying him this entire time. Claire gave Esme one last glance before walking out of the room, humming quietly, a proud smirk over her lips.