fourteen.

(Mature Scenes- another sneak peak)

The bright morning sun shone through the glass walls of Draco's room. It was hitting each side of the room that was was faced with the absence of light. Esme stirred in her sleep, pulling his covers closer to her body. She could still smell his scent- it was implanted in her brain. The smell of his covers drifted into her nose, still strong as if he was right beside her. Her head pushed into the pillow, allowing the softness to drag her into a state of laziness. She didn't want to get up. The room was silent, the quiet melody of the windy breeze pushing against the balcony doors. Turning her body, she rubbed her eyes as they moved directly across the bedroom.

Mr.Malfoy was slouched back in a seat, his head tilted back, eyes firmly shut. His blue blazer was tossed to the side of the couch. The white sleeves of his shirt rolled up to his elbows. His dress pants were slightly creased, and she wanted to snort at catching him like this. His glasses were still perched on the bridge of his nose. She watched as his chest rose and fell, breathing heavily in his sleep. His platinum white hair fell over his eyes. He looked peaceful, and Esme couldn't help but admit he looked cute. His cheeks were flushed slightly from the chill of the room.

She attempted to sit up, but a sharp pain hit the side of her ribs again, and she groaned quietly, falling back down on his bed. She hoped she didn't wake him, but his eyes snapped open the moment the sound fell from her mouth. He blinked quickly- as if he was trying to process the sight of her in his bed. Mr.Malfoy stood, brushing the hair out of his eyes, pushing it to the top of his hair. A single strand fell overtop his face again, and she smiled from the lazy stare that rested on his features.

"Are you okay?"

His voice was raspy, mixed with morning tiredness. Esme's eyes widened as he stalked forward, inching closer to the bed. His grey hues locked with hers, and she nodded, keeping her mouth shut. His eyebrows rose, a small chuckle passing through his lips as his eyes moved along the top of her head. Instantly her hands reached up, realizing her bun must look like a bird's nest. Her cheeks went bright red, as he caught her, and released another chuckle. His eyes glistened in admiration, watching her unclasp her hair, allowing it to fall down her shoulders. He walked closer, now perching on the side of the bed closest to her.

"I like the bird nest, quite unusual."

She rolled her eyes, turning her body away from his, as embarrassment continued to pool in her cheeks. "Does your stomach still hurt?"

She opened her mouth to speak, but her lips were chapped together. She needed water. Draco must have realized because he picked up the glass from the side of his dresser, handing it to her. She lifted it to her lips as it passed down her throat, clearing the thick passage that restricted her from speaking. "It stings a lot."

"Hm. I'll have to do the spell again. You'll have to rest today." He ordered.

She gave him a slight smile before he turned away. She panicked instantly, hoping he wouldn't leave her. He turned sharply on his heel, eyes peering down at her panicked expression, as a soft smile took over his hard features. "Are you leaving?" she whispered.

A big smirk appeared across his lips. "No."

"Then where are you going?"

"Preparing your bath, so you don't have to stand in the shower."

With that, he turned back around, walking into his bathroom. Esme's eyes grew at his words. Her stomach flipped with excitement, the pain vanishing away instantly. She lifted her arms to tie her hair up, but a dissimilar pain flew through her arms, making her drop them instantly. For some strange reason, they felt very sore. Her eyes moved down to her wrists. There imprinted on her skin were two dark purple bruises on either side. How was she going to bathe herself? A few tears began to form in her eyes, and she sniffled, remembering the feeling of Ethan's and Scorpius's rough hands pinning her to the wall. That's how she got the bruises. Hearing Mr.Malfoy's footsteps move back into the middle of his room, she tilted her head back down to the pillow, wiping away the few tears that fell down her cheek.