III

Day: 210

Esme headed across the kitchen with a freshly made brownie in hand. As she trailed across the floor, a movement from above caught her eye, and she screamed.

"Calm down woman, It's only me," Draco's voice sounded from the side of the corridor.

"You scared me."

His eyes danced in amusement, "What do you have there?"

"A brownie."

"The weather is nice. Shall we eat outside today?"

"I didn't know you wore glasses."

His eyes widen from the realization of having worn his glasses, and she bursts into a fit of giggles as he sends her a glare- shoving them into his pocket.

"They look nice," she says, heading outside. She misses the blush creeping up his neck.

Esme sat back down in the chair, cutting a piece out of the brownie for him.

His face lightened up at the smell of it, "How could I ever resist a brownie."

She watched as he sliced the side of it effortlessly, bringing it to his lips and then savouring it as it left her sight, moving to the inside of his mouth. He chews slowly, and she patiently waits for his reaction.

"Not bad. Did you make this?"

Esme rolls her eyes and nods as she takes a bite from hers, not as gracefully as he did. His eyebrow rose, and her cheeks heat in embarrassment.

" It could be better," he teases.

Without a doubt, she knows Draco's joking because he immediately devours the second piece in seconds.

Esme keeps her eyes on the bundle of roses planted on the sides of the patio, "I love roses," she says, growing nervous at the silence between them. The tension in the air was unlike anything she had experienced before. Her eyes would flicker to him, and he would already be looking at her.

Her fingers twiddled in her hands, fidgeting as she took the chance to appreciate his features.

Esme could see every bit of his face. From his perfectly sized forehead, down to his thick long lashes, to his sharp-pointed nose. To the curve in his defined jaw and then back to the cream-coloured skin that etched across his face. His platinum hair was blowing in the wind, and with the warm breeze, it added a slight pink to his cheeks, bringing out some colour from his pale skin. His lips were flushed, parted together, as he breathed in and out the outside air.

Mr Malfoy's grey eyes met hers, and he bit his lip, suppressing another laugh, "Do I have something on my face?" she panicked, wiping her face.

"You just have a little something here." His cold finger traced along with her mouth. He gently wipes away some of the chocolate from her bottom lip.

His touch sends shivers down her spine, but before she could say anything, Draco abruptly pulls away.

Day 229:

Esme's back to working on a potion when her hand mediately snatches a book from the side of the table, one that Draco brought. He reminds her several times to check the books for curses, but this time it passes her mind, completely dismissing his stern warning. 

Without checking for any curses in the novel, she reaches for it. Her eyes are still peering over the ingredients of her new-made potion. Suddenly her hand burns and a burning sensation scorches against her skin, and she screams out loud. Her eyes grow hazy as her vision becomes blurry. She stands up, searching for an antidote to help get rid of the painful feeling of the curse spreading into her hand.