twenty-two.

"DOLOHOV."

The sound of Mr.Malfoy's voice erupted throughout the Manor, bouncing off the walls of her room in absolute rage. Esme's room shook as she jumped up from her bed, startled by the unexpected sound at such an early hour in the morning. She blinked quickly- eyes focusing on the clock ticking across the room.

4:15 am

Her head spun towards the balcony, where the sun had already risen. Esme rushed over to the side of the balcony, pushing open the doors. Her head snapped down to the source of the loud ruckas. There, being dragged out of the Manor's entrance near the veranda was Dolohov- pulled by his sleeve by an angered looking Mr.Malfoy. His footsteps reverberated against the silence of the outside world. Her eyes followed Mr.Malfoy's features painted with a look of utter disgust, and Dolohov's hues widened in fear. She could see his hand struggling to hold on to the ground in an attempt to stop Draco's movements. Mr.Malfoy continued to drag him down to the gardens, ignoring the terrified man fidgeting in his solid hold. When he stopped, Draco kneeled down, coming face to face with him.

Their eyes were inches away from each other as he narrowed them together, sending Dolohov a warning. From the top of the balcony where Esme was perched, she felt glued in place, watching the events unfold before her eyes. Dolohov tried to pull away, but Draco twisted his hand in his sleeve tightly, yanking him back towards him. A smirk broke out on his face, his upper lip curling.

"What. The. Fuck. Did. You. Do. To. The. Roses?" His voice was sharp, and a chill ran down her spine from the murderous glint in his eyes.

He looked furious, and for a split second, she felt a slight bit of sincerity for Dolohov. Draco's teeth gritted together as he waited for an answer. And then Dolohov broke out into a fit of laughter, his body shook in amusement- as his palms slapped against the gravel that surrounded the grounds. It was as if Mr.Malfoy saw red. 

He yanked Dolohov up by his neck, holding him up high in the air. His face was etched in resentment from the manic death eater. Dolohov's face paled immediately, as his breathing was cut off. Draco's fist curled around his throat, holding him tighter, without care if he could breathe or not. Short breaths escaped Dolohov's mouth- as he began gasping for air. His mouth hung open, showing his broken and deteriorated teeth- causing Mr.Malfoy's face to scrunch up in disgust.

She wanted to run back inside and lock herself in the room. This was a side to Mr.Malfoy she never knew existed. He was a fire that fed off flames that ignited for the ground lurking for another source.

Instead of moving, her feet planted into the cement of the ground and watched.

"I asked you a fucking question Dolohov. Answer Me." His tone was calm, contrasting his inflamed persona. He released his hold on his throat, allowing the death eater to speak. Dolohov coughed out violently, heaving for oxygen and Draco raised an eyebrow, obviously done with his shit.

"Th-They were u-ugly-y and-d bo-therin-g m-e."

After the last words left his lips, Mr. Malfoy's fist instantly tightened against his neck harder than it was a few minutes ago.

Dolohov's face began turning purple. "I don't give a fuck how they look to you. Or if they bother you. This is my estate. If you fucking dare touch anything else in my house, I will kill you, and that is not a threat. It's a promise."

Dolohov nodded vigorously, watching his life flash before his eyes. He was dropped down onto the ground, hands flying to his neck in an attempt to allow the outside air to return back into his lungs, giving him the oxygen he was lacking.